Western Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Hypnowolf, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Hypnowolf

Hypnowolf Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2017
    They hold back the loads after scanned until you complain.
    They willfully misformat the advances then when you call payroll the mailbox is full.
    You need fight for home time.
    The loads are very limited shippers. Hay, recycled paper, McKinley Paper a few Wal Marts or Lowes here and there. Nestle water and Nestle Purina once in awhile.
    They say they do but don't actually reimburse for scale tickets or parts unless you hammer down the doors.
    Driver managers treat you like crap with forced dispatch. When you say you cannot do the load due to hos. They punish you with 600 miles in 3 days.
    The comment I was told is ,
    "Your a ####ing idiot and I tell you what to do."
    The f idiot phrase used 5 times. Shut up 3 times. And much more.
    I'm never late have 14 years experience no tickets or accidents. Clean dac dont drink or drugs.
    I'm a runner but treated like trash. I sit through weekends with 250 mile loads.
    They do have reasonable good equipment but the phones are not really manned after hours.
    Use the quallcom and in 3 hours they sometimes respond.
    Company has bankruptcy written all over it by it's tactics.
    They fail to schedule appointments so you need wait again. They are right always. They will yell at you on the phone and punish you. They are a company to avoid like plague.

Veryblessed and jraulpilot1998 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Another negative Western Express thread to add to the list. Some drivers seem to do okay there, but it also seems many have serious issues with them. But if they were like you're describing for all the drivers, how do they manage to continue to operate?

If you had done your research before, you'd probably have read enough to know WE should be at the bottom of your list if on your list at all, unless you have serious hireability issues. WE is know to be a "last resort carrier" and as such, they seem to feel they can get away with a lot of crap because the most or many of their drivers have no choice but to stay.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  4. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I have to ask... if you have 14 years of experience and a clean DAC and MVR, then why are you working for Western Express?

Veryblessed, RedBeardedT, b947 and 7 others Thank this.
  5. Hypnowolf

Hypnowolf Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2017
    I changed jobs due to a company folding. I had tonattemd a funeral overseas at the same time. It was kinda a fast change under unusual circumstances. I'm reactivating my truck right now and signing on with a good company. Yes I own my own truck. So I didn't wan5 be owner again but I will be.

6. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    When I was with Western they were alright. Was on the flat side and never had to fight for anything. Hek, even got $80 in layover without even saying anything to my dispatcher. Some dispatchers will cuss you out that is true but the ones I dealt with never argued.

They due HAVE issues but not the worst out there. Only issue I really had was being told to run illegal. Get Qualcomm msg to run overweight load without permit and when questioned, told they would pay all tickets. I simply refuse and shortly another western truck comes to take it.

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  7. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Doesn't work.
    You can tell them, and tell them, and tell them.....doesn't freaking work dude.
    I DO think a lot of sheeple read about these companies on this site, and sites like it; but for some reason STILL feel like things are gonna be different for "them".

Veryblessed, Coover, 207nomad and 3 others Thank this.
  8. Hypnowolf

Hypnowolf Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2017

9. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    O.K. I get you were going through a transition in life, we have all been there, but in 14 years of driving you never heard of Western Express or any other mega training company? They all operate exactly how you describe. Just how did you miss that in this age of information and the internet?

JimmyWells Thanks this.
  10. Hypnowolf

Hypnowolf Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2017
    I was local for 3 years. Lost my toe bearings. If I had of had more time I could have. Russian internet sucks really. But my mother in law died. I should have done more research I agree. I'm now reactivating my 2010 truck. She's good and takes time to do. I will persevere. Now I'm just warning with all Information possible. I've filed complaints. The FMCSA is being very helpful to me also. Labor board is right there ready to pounce. I now understand 23 states are doing severe investigations. Just Tennessee isn't playing ball or is keeping quiet. Those I spoke to stated. Just fyi to all.

11. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    ^^ Nothing personal, bust of luck, and thanks for the warning. Just always find it amazing that people don't know how these companies work. Driving down the road I am always curious what other companies are like just surprised that it takes some time for others to find that out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.