western hiring newbies?

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by BigDaddyJollyRob, Jan 11, 2008.

1. BigDaddyJollyRob

BigDaddyJollyRob <strong>"El Oso"</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    I use to see western express ads in the Rhode Island news paper wanting 6mo experience. NOW its EXPERIENCE OR NEW. HOW ARE THEY TO WORK FOR?If you dont work for them please dont answer. Looking for current and past drivers or recruiters whats the 411?Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stempy9785

stempy9785 Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2007
    clear lake iowa
    like most companies your dispatcher is your best or worst friend but they run alot of ne including nyc

4. BigDaddyJollyRob

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    Being from the NE I don't mind running it =. At this time I' looking local, My Interview went great with ABF. The TM approved my application and is now sending it off to Arkansas for approval. I should hear back in 2-4 wks, He said to continue to do landscaping on the side because at this time its slow and at the start I will work a few days a week and will then goto Fort Smith for Schooling. He said In this business sometimes its about great timing and persistence. He said I was very persistent and respectful every-time I called him and he told me to called back. (Persistence goes a long way) Thats why he's giving me a shot. I thanked my union school director and my cousin & his friend for putting in the good word.It worked! I brought the TM copies of my Drivers License,Driving record,Med card,Graduation certificate and BCI. He told me to come here and work hard, be on time and he will be happy.

5. sexytrucker1

sexytrucker1 Bobtail Member

May 16, 2008
    evansville indiana
    They really suck to work for, I was a driver trainer there for 9 mos and I really seen crap go thru that nashville term that was unreal, I seen drivers smoking crack in the back lot under camera and nothing done about it. I seen drivers not getting home, I seen them hire bums off the street, I seen erskine fire people just because they stood up for themselves, and he left them out on the road to find there own way home. I got fired because I would not quit, I complained about not enough miles and I was a trainer. I seen too much crap go on. They will never pay more than 30 cpm, Flatbed div gets paid every 2 weeks with the owner op side, something screwy there. I have plenty of exp and would not recommend them.

6. BigDaddyJollyRob

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    Thanks, I'm not interested in western any more. I'm doing the local thing then waiting for Union job. My brother in laws company said I need 2yrs experience due to insurance. I like them or want Tankers.

7. buck35043

buck35043 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Moody, AL
    I worked for western for 4 years they are a good company still go by and see my old dispatcher and terminal manager in Decatur sometimes. They were always good to me. The only reason I left was because there insurance wasn't up to par. The insurance is ok as long as you don't have any major medical issues. But I had to look to the future and glad I did cause my health went south real fast about 6 months ago and the company I am with now is as good as western if not better all the way around. But if I ever leave my current company I wouldn't hesitate to go back there in a minute.

8. BigDaddyJollyRob

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    Who do you work for now?

9. buck35043

buck35043 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Moody, AL
    I work for Southern Cal Transport which is all teams i drive with my best friend. But We have 2 different solo divisions all the same company differnet names though. Eagle Motor Lines which is our OTR solo trucks. Then We also have Southern CArtage which does dedicated accounts all over the east coast as well as intermodal containers out of all the major rail and ship ports in the south east.

10. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    just s you know. there is a difference between Western Express and WESTERN. lol

BIG DIFFERENCE. I was wondering what this was about when I saw the titel with just Western in it.

11. SUNZEE

SUNZEE Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Cleveland,MS
    Do anyone know whats their take on violent felonies.I was convicted of aggravated assualt and armed robbery august13,1997.I was released august13,2007 and was looking for a company that will except me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.