Western Regional??

Discussion in 'Werner' started by dragonmatrix, Oct 24, 2009.

1. dragonmatrix

dragonmatrix Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Anyone know how the miles are on western regional??? Thanks !!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LetsChangeThis

LetsChangeThis Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2009
    omaha,ne
    Miles is not the first thing you should consider. How much you get paid per mile is. Western regional pays 20:biggrin_2552: cents per mile. So no matter how hard you run you won't make squat

4. dragonmatrix

Sep 20, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Actually I thought Regional was sliding from .21 -.26 ? Do you drive for Werner??

5. LetsChangeThis

Jan 3, 2009
    omaha,ne
    lol sliding. You barely see anything above the bottom pay. It's designed that way to make you think you make more than what you really do. As far as .21 per mile is concerned, they make you sign up for per diem without telling you that they charge you .01/m for it. If you don't think it's big deal, if you drive 10000 miles a month, that's another $100/month out of your pocket. So yes western regional pay is .20 per mile and they match for only .08 of it for your social security. Now that's great deal......for werner

6. LetsChangeThis

Jan 3, 2009
    omaha,ne
    did I mention that deadhead miles are .15 per mile?:biggrin_25518:

7. dragonmatrix

Sep 20, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV.
    ok Thanks for the info...........

8. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    they do NOT make you take perdiem. It is OPTIONAL. I work for werner and do not have per diem and am happily paying $200 a week on taxes. (w4 form error lol)

9. LetsChangeThis

Jan 3, 2009
    omaha,ne
    Yes optional with no option to opt out till the end of year. First off they lie to you by claiming that they remain neutral and receive no financial gain from it. Check out their website http://www.werner.com/content/res/drv/ops/diem/

10. OrionMace

OrionMace Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I work midwestern and you must take care of yourself. I talked with job placement and they are downsizing 48 states runners and the various regions must pick up the slack. They do this to cut costs. After all 48 staters make more money on an even scale than regional runners who must take a sliding scale. The miles might look great, but get out of your region and try to get home. Good luck. Werner is not driver friendly and is striving to drive experienced drivers out, to keep making that $10,000 per new student they get. I am counting the days until I leave this company.

LetsChangeThis Thanks this.
  11. 925Ant

925Ant Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2009
    East Bay, CA
    OrionMace, what is this $10,000 per student thing? I have not heard about that before. Is Werner getting that for each new student? How?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.