Western Star Truck Issues And Fixes

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by vikingswen, May 15, 2016.

1. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    All of ours have door mounted mirrors. They suck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Star4900

Star4900 Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    Velvac contacted me. They wanted pics, so they are interested to see what is going on. So that is good.

I prefer the cab mounted mirrors actually. Just wish the chrome wouldn't peel off them. And those stupid lights that you cannot change without disassembling the mirror head.
    It's a real pain in the winter cleaning the side windows with the door mount mirrors. You can barely get your you hands between the arm and the glass....let alone a window squeegee.

4. Truckinman8824

Truckinman8824 Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2016
    I am having this issue right now, where is the drain so I can clean it??? Thank you sir

5. Truckinman8824

Apr 11, 2016
    Where can I find the ac drain??? I gotta clean it, bc I’m having that issue right now lol

6. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Look through the metal screen on the intake while in recirc or pop the hood look for the tube coming out of that area on the passenger side and use a coat hanger to poke through the clog.

7. Truckinman8824

Apr 11, 2016
    Thanks bro, I got that done. It’s still pooling up water. I can see it. Do I have to drill out the rivets to get behind the screen? I think it’s clogged behind there, I cleaned the drain tube out. Also, there’s two ez kleen filters, there’s another filter behind those. How in the hell do I get that one out? Really dirty.

8. KingG239

KingG239 Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2014
    NEW Jersey
    has anyone had any issues with their Western Star 5700 2016 def problem ? been having problem with my truck for the pass few months now and no one can seems to find the problem about a year ago I change out my one box and now my def light comes on then after driving some mils the light cuts out and I pick back up speed.. need help

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.