Westside Transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by ironhorse1226, Apr 21, 2017.

1. ironhorse1226

ironhorse1226 Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2017
    In the beginning they bus you to their terminal and put you up in a first rate hotel. They feed you lunch. All good, but they will discriminate if you have bipolar disorder or any mental illness, Even if its controlled with medications. I called and asked them if I could come back after my doctor changes my meds, but they dont even bother to return my calls. I disclosed my disability and they wont accept me. Even if you get past orientation there are things to watch for. They use maps to route you and you are on your own. NO GPS allowed. They don't have refrigerators or microwaves in their trucks. They will put in an inverter if you buy one. NO Bluetooth headsets allowed. They act friendly but get on their bad side and watch out! Funny there are drivers on the road on serious drugs like meth and cocain and speed but they get away with it. But if you have a mental illness forget it. Your nothing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Thank you for heads up ; ironhorse
    We will have to keep an eye on these folks

4. Hyweighman

Hyweighman Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
    Wow, it sounds like old school trucking. No GPS, fridge and microwaves in truck.
    Also why tell them of your mental problems. As long as your doc clears you and meds are not on the list

AtticusRoad Thanks this.
  5. Trench32125

Trench32125 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2016
    This sounds like bs no GPS or Bluetooth? Why

AtticusRoad and DoubleO7 Thank this.
  6. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Because the gos and Bluetooth were getting blocked by the tin hats they issue

7. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I'm crazy as a bedbug and they hired me. I've had a GPS stuck to my windshield since day 1. They have been great to me and I have been great to them.

AtticusRoad Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We did not have GPS until very late in our time and it was only a supplement to paper maps and atlas. Inverters are nice. APU's are better. However in our time, they were considered too fancy, too expensive and a liability in weight.

If you did not have to have a doctor make a note of that mental illness or disclose a problem, why did you disclose it? You generally have a small percentage of drivers using drugs to get down the road whatever it might be. Sometimes they were detected and lose their freedom. They made that choice. Why worry about them? It's jail for them.

It's wonderful to over come a disability. But don't go around proclaiming it if you know society wont accept you for it. Mentals are most difficult to deal with and sometimes really should not be in a big truck. It's such a huge safety issue if one should snap and get homocidal with that 18 wheeler.

9. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    He's full of crap....... And crazy!!!!!!!

AtticusRoad Thanks this.
  10. jethro712

jethro712 Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    at the op, did you not thoroughly investigate this company? check fmcsa website? look for reviews? just curious. thx

AtticusRoad and DoubleO7 Thank this.
  11. AtticusRoad

AtticusRoad Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Indiana
    oh yes he did meme.jpg

OPUS 7 and DoubleO7 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.