WH Transportation Co., Inc., - Wassau, Wi.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by keystone, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    You called 911 for DIRECTIONS? Oh Lord, no wonder truck drivers have the reputation of being mindless robots!

I can see it now: "911, Whats your emergency?.....You want to know what? ....Where the Werner Terminal on Southeast Drive is? .......Sir, 911 is for EMERGENCIES only, not directions..... Yes, I realize you're lost......Yes, you don't know where they are...... But....But....You shouldn't call 911"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

Well I did not ask 911 for directions, but they would have it. I ask to have a Police sent out where I was for 2 things. Block Traffic so I could back out and to give directions to the place I was going to. But yes 911 will be able to give directions. When they answer say Sorry not a real emergency but looking for such and such of a place. I would not call to get directions to a terminal, but to a business which you are going to load at or empty at. It is an Option. It better than doing nothing at all.

My deal was the number given no answer. Did not show the address nor the street on Microsolf streets and trips. I did stop and asked but got sent down a wrong street and ended up where I could not go any further.

4. tmpj1524

tmpj1524 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Jamestown, KY
    I worked for WH, for about 3 months, after truck driving school. I was on my way, with a new hire, to Rothschild, to their main facility, when a girl pulled in front of me, causing me to hit her. WH put me off for 2 wks. They said they would investigate it. There were 3 witnesses at the accident, one of them was the girl I hit. All of them said it wasn't my fault. Well, 2 wks after, I get a call saying I'm fired. I could come back and work for them after working for someone else for 6 months. Why would I want to do that? Now, that was a waste of school, my DAC is screwed, I can't get another driving job. Not like I'd want to do it anyways. Worst experience I ever had. $.295 a mile...low pay. I was pushed out of the trainer's truck too soon. Then the trainer turns on me, says after the accident "I wouldn't want him driving on the streets with my wife and kids out there." Well, he hit someone when he was going 10 mph. 10 mph...isn't there enough time to stop from rear ending someone? But he was still a trainer. Hope he is out of a job now, since the van dept closed. They do their best to lure you in. Then they don't live u p to what they say.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.