What are spread axle flats(48 102) averaging To The Truck?

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kduvall, May 13, 2018.

1. kduvall

kduvall Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2008
    SC SC
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Milr72

Milr72 Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    It would depend on what you were hauling and how much it paid! That's like asking "how wet is water"!

Bean Jr., Corso1504, RustyBolt and 6 others Thank this.
  4. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    That's like along what's the price of a car? Hmmmmm

You gotta be way more specific!

Bean Jr. and Crude Truckin' Thank this.
  5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Per day? Per week? Per month? Doesn't even matter. Everyone runs different so everyone had different numbers. But i will say this, a guy that knows what he is doing and isn't so picky he won't go to half the country could easily do 20k a month and that's not even working hard or running a lot of miles.

drlmi, drvrtech77, Rickp and 3 others Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    25 years ago I got into a secure printer room. On that spreadsheet contained rates per load on divided by driver names. Plus amounts profit or debt etc.

My loads on my 48 102 flatbed spread has been averaging 2.45 or so as a company driver. I was chased out of there by the night dispatcher but I saw enough. I spent like 5 months running houston pipe to Jaxville fla and chain and cable back on I-10 over a winter there. Loaded both ways to the max as a experiment.

The one index you might want to visit is called Cass Transportation Index. It will display fairly recent availible information on rates by form of transport anywhere in the USA by region. And divided further by type of transport and then followed up by the average rates for a given region.

You generally have to accept the fact that you will not be gaining real world actual rates from fleet owners or owner operators. Some of whom are operating under NDA. If you own a flatbed and want to move something for your customer, make sure you can charge as much as they can stand to pay and cover your basic minimum costs across the board still making a profit.

It takes a certain amount of money to run a tractor trailer if it moves one mile. It takes a little more than that to meet payroll etc. And a mark up for profit, otherwise why are you in trucking?

Just remember this. There is always some one hungry enough to run that load for .85 a mile taking money from your table when they hand it to him.

kduvall Thanks this.
  7. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    And just how many loads have you pulled with your own truck and flatbed?

8. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    I'm guessing between $0.75 to $4.00 a mile average. Give or take.

Bean Jr., Wespipes, QuietStorm and 3 others Thank this.
  9. kduvall

kduvall Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2008
    SC SC
    Thats a helluva average!

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  10. kduvall

kduvall Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2008
    SC SC
    Enough to ask a question about what guys here actually make. Sometimes people dont want to stop and Think about what the average To The Truck actually is. I know Exactly what I make loaded and empty pulling somebody elses trailer, and it aint enough.

11. kduvall

kduvall Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2008
    SC SC
    Per MILE, To The Truck, average

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.