What are the Best Credit Unions to Use as Broker?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by FlashBolt, May 24, 2018.

1. FlashBolt

FlashBolt Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2017
    I want to know what credit unions you use to report your credit? I have so many factoring companies that deny me because they can not see my credit. I signed up with Transcredit and still get denied so what are some of the credit unions you use to report your credit to factoring companies?

grizzlyfreight Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    You remember when everyone told you starting your own brokerage was a bad idea? This was a big part of why. Carriers shouldn't haul your freight either. There's just too much chance you take the money and run as a new broker. It happens literally all the time.

PPDCT Thanks this.
  4. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    So, @FlashBolt - When did you start your brokerage? How many loads have you moved? What's your credit and average days to pay?

5. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    We will not even consider extending credit to a broker that has been in business for less than a year, it is WAY too risky. If a new broker wants us to pull their load, they have to be willing to pay the full rate upfront via comcheck or credit card.

whoopNride Thanks this.
  6. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    No more risky than dealing with most carriers these days. No way I would pay a carrier up front.

grizzlyfreight Thanks this.
  7. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    No one ever has yet

8. TRKFreighter

TRKFreighter Bobtail Member

May 24, 2018
    You may explore the option of setting up an escrow payment system with an escrow provider. The escrow provider is an intermediary that decides if the seller has met the buyer's obligations and releases the funds upon approval.

9. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Good luck explaining that to a trucking company trying to decide if they want to run a load for you. In fact that sounds like a paperwork nightmare for all involved.

10. grizzlyfreight

grizzlyfreight Light Load Member

May 12, 2018
    Los Angeles, CA
    When a carrier does decide to work with you, and for example they use RTS financial for their factoring company, move 3 loads with them and pay their factoring company on time. This will help you build credit.

11. TRKFreighter

TRKFreighter Bobtail Member

May 24, 2018
    Would you like for me to recommend some escrow providers? Escrow is not as common in the brokerage industry as it could be but perhaps it is an option to explore. They are several benefits as it protects both parties from things such as freight claims and late payments.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.