What are the odds on this accident?

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Dennixx, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Tires and wheels come off every day. Sometimes it goes unnoticed until later. Most times they don’t hit anything critical, sometimes they do.

I hope the responsible party is brought to answer for this even though “crap happens”. This family shouldn’t have that as the only answer. Then it will come down perhaps to recent faulty mechanical work or parts or missed routine maintenance inspection

fss99701 Thanks this.
  3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Wow, no way to protect against it, just bad timing. RIP Maureen

mjd4277 and fss99701 Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Happens all the time.

Had one come off long ago on the 83. All I can do is sit there as it bounced into the median and eventually thankfully down into the river between the bridges. The company yard shop put on a new wheel and tire rim set (Old 5 spoked system had cracked below two of the lugs and allowed the tire and rim to escape.)

For those of you wondering why in the world I did not get it out of the river, well wintertime you see. It's worth your life to crack that ice and try to get it. It's not worth it.

Bud A. and fss99701 Thank this.
  5. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    I disagree wheels don’t just fall off they always give clues ahead of time. Proper pretrip and regular maintenance and this never happens.

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
  7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I filmed this just below Des Moines, You have to watch on a tv or laptop to see the tire.
    The tire not only fell off the Dodge but landed between the Jersey barriers,.

8. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Hope that retorque after 50 miles was performed.

Bud A. Thanks this.
  9. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Pretty hard to see that coming. Just her time, I guess, I mean, how else can you rationalize this? A foot either way, she might have lived. I doubt the trucker will get blamed, can't have zero risk, and yeah, tires might come flying through the air, they aren't welded on, for heaven sake. A few years ago at a drag racing event in Phoenix, a tire came off a dragster, went bouncing over the grandstands at 200 mph, went into the crowded pits, hit a woman square on the head, and killed her. What are the chances of that?

misterG and austinmike Thank this.
  10. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.