What are these "funds" you're talking about?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Tip, Jun 9, 2007.

1. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    You know I was TRYING to help you but since you can't be serious do your OWN research.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I don't need to do any research. I've got common sense to tell me what is going on in trucking. Most of what goes on involves some shady, behind-the-scenes fleecing of the tax payer by the bigger trucking companies. Is it any surprise companies have over 100%, 150%, even 200% turnover? No. This is because they want turnover. The want turnover because they benefit from turnover.

Ms. Nancy Pilosi, are you reading this?

4. perry_411

perry_411 Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Can a moderator please delete this topic. It's a pile of bs by Tip. Not even a fake website to back it up.

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    No, this thread isn't going anywhere. Tip may have his ideas and theories, some wilder than others, but there is certainly nothing wrong with what he wrote here.

6. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    That's okay, Perry. You're only 23 and haven't figured out how the real world works yet. You still think that if you snap your fingers or cry a little bit, you will get your way, just like it was back with mommy. This goes for a lot of others who think this site is THEIR site.

One thing that is predictible in blogging is that there will always be the "roving gangs" who bash those whose opinions are different from theirs. This is because these folks are used to getting their way, meaning all ideas that clash with theirs are banished from their sight immediately or they throw fits until they get their way. I saw this a lot in Utah. Are you from there?

Hate to break it to you (actually I love breaking it to you), you have to remember this website isn't here for YOU and your market-tested opinions. Here it's "take it or leave it". Others think differently than you, which is, again, the real world, not some insulated world you may live in. If you want a website where everyone's opinion is the same as yours, you're in the wrong place. No one is going to take down any post just because it's offensive to little ol' you. Mommy don't live here.

There are no fake websites because we don't do fake websites. Reality is our website.

I guess I COULD start my own website, one based on reality, just like this one. If you don't like my opinions here, don't even think of going there. You'd be welcome if you could stand it, but I know you couldn't.

7. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Let's try and provide information about the Trucking Industry without causing more issues!

8. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    You don't have to fire students. Nor do you have to fire "trainees". Neither are considered an employee of "any" company. They haven't passed a final road test.

Additionaly, students get their own truck, many convinced to do the lease route. They are then listed as contract labor, and not entitled to unemployment benefits. Their services may be terminated at any time.

As a student/trainee, they ride with a "trainer" increasing the number of miles the truck averages per month. The company profits.

As a lease op, they bear the burden of payments. The company actually makes a profit. It's built into the payment.

It's win-win for the companies regardless.

9. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Lease Op deals are nothing but a clever way a company can sluff off its repair costs onto drivers.

Never do the Lease Op. Get your own rig from the start, unless you like having your rear handed to you later.

10. perry_411

perry_411 Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Boy talk about crying.
    Here's what the link says-"what are these funds you're talking about"
    In the forum for Report a bad trucking company. Has one trucking company been named?
    I'd be happy to contribute to this topic, but it's clearly in the wrong section-seeing as how this is politics.

Here's my contribution. Here are the facts I know.

-WIA will pay a trucking school for training.It's federal money, Im assuming since independent trucking schools and colleges can get the money, then so can companies.
    -Generally, unemployed workers give the company a tax credit-1200+/per worker, but I believe they have to be on payroll for 3 months.
    -People who get in those "free training" contracts are give 20% interest rates. And of course they have a chance at making more money if people run a few thousand miles, before canning them, then they could make a nice profit.
    -52/day. [irs.gov]Thats the minimum daily deduction allowed for truckers who travel outside of their county. You can live it up, sleeping in hotels, eating Red Lobster, which means it's a legitimate expense as long as you're hauling loads. All you have to be is a company driver.

-And for tip, yep, 23, and you're old, unemployed, bitter, and generally crap on the industry and its companies.

Here's how you could help. Rather than whine about how bad the industry is, you could offer sage advice.
    -Example, before I found this site I was going to use the quick route and go with Pam and the CD1 driver institute in ST Louis. Thankfully, everyone apprised me of the problems with doing so. The high interest, the extra cents they take off for miles you run out of training, etc.
    -How about a daily wage for people. What is you opinion of a good daily wage.
    -An hrly wage. Whats the minimum truckers should accept.
    -Whats a typical day like as OTR. Basic things like a bag of baby wipes. Clothes, loaf of bread.

You waste your breath when you just say, trucking bad, there's a conspiracy here. {Conspiracies are rarely discovered}

11. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I guess Turbo doesn't know what he's talking about, or at least that is how you see it? He's the one who mentioned the funds. I'm just rooting for the truth. Considering I'd take his word far earlier than I'd take yours, I'm gonna have to say your post is falling on deaf ears, brother. At least with me.

I think companies benefit from their turnover, or there would be no turnover. They benefit from getting some sort of government sop. Don't know the "hows" or the "whats" yet, but we're working on it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.