What are you suppose to do when you get the FLU OTR

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Aarrons, Dec 3, 2015.

1. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Suck it up buttercup.

Straight Stacks Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Actually one of the best things is a tea called sleepy time sinus soother by celestial tea. You can find usually at Walmart with the tea and coffee.

4. GreenMonster9669

GreenMonster9669 Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2014
    St Louis
    Keep a pump bottle of hand sanitizer in one of your cupholders and make it a habit to get a squirt every time you get in the drivers seat.

5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Had a flu shot last fall and still got the flu anyway. Was so sick, I didn't take a load for about 5 days to recover.

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I had the flu my dispatcher and I never got along after that which in time I quit.it started while home I called dispatche and told them I need another day home.ok I'll Mark you as sick.thought he was going to tell my dispatcher but didn't.she was mad she didnt call me or no messages on qual mom so I thought she knew.I went back to work and was sick for a week but I tried.I had to shut down everyday.Jen called safety and wanted me to take a bus from Walcott and find a kennel for my dog and come after her at a later date.I asked safety if she's on some whacky drugs.so I did end up working a month till home time and cleaned truck out.my dispatcher pretty much made my decision to quit.$he was a hitch to me that entire month.

tucker Thanks this.
  7. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I got sick on the road once and luckily they had an urgent care next to where I delivered. I got a doctor s excuse and they faxed it to my company, and I went to pharmacy and got some meds and got a hotel room until I was 100% better

8. Locke

Locke Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2015
    Just a suggestion, but have you considered doing an elimination diet? The basic idea is that you cut out foods that may effect.

Personally speaking, when I cut out all forms of wheat and eggs, the occurence of headaches or migraines goes down to zero.

You might look into marks daily apple, paleo, primal, jj virgin

Lightside Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.