What can ya tell me about C1 in Little Rock?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Bowmare, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Bowmare

Bowmare Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Looks like I am headed to the C1 school in Little Rock, and I want to be prepared. I am cramming my head with the CDL study guide, gathering supplies, and wondering if there is anything anyone can toss my way in some advice on how to make life there as easy as possible. Thanks in advance! :O_o_1PIRATES31:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Harley

Harley Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Missouri
    I dont know about the one in Little Rock but there is one in St.Louis and the C1 students take the CDL test on the backing pad where I go to school at (about 2 hours south of St.Louis) and out of the 2 weeks that Ive been in school I have seen 4 C1 students there testing and 2 or 3 out of the 4 failed on their different backs (alley dock, left side parallel, and right side parallel and straight back). So that tells me that the instructors are not worth a ####. It could be that they were nervous but they didnt even do a correct set-up for the back they were going to do.
    I would say you could do better than C1 if you look around.

Good luck to ya.

4. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Mo doesn't require a serpentine back? I think I'm gonna move!

5. Harley

Harley Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Missouri
    Nope, Missouri does not require serpentine back. Im not saying it doesnt happen, but I have never heard or seen a trucker having to do a serpentine back. Right now, I cant picture a situation where one would be needed.

6. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    There's a couple places near where I used to work that frequently required a serpentine back. The businesses COULD have adjusted the approach - and I know they were asked to - but they were Jerks (yes, with a capital J).

7. Harley

Harley Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Missouri
    Its sad that buisnesses like that have to be jerks. Im not good with jerks because Im not much of a people person anyway. I like my dogs more than I like most people but I have learned to bite my tounge and look the other way otherwise, Im taking a mild situation and turning it into something worse than what it needed to be.

Good luck to ya.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.