What can you guys tell me about FFE (Frozen Food Express)?

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by shaddmuzak, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaddmuzak

shaddmuzak Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2007
    What can you guys tell me about FFE (Frozen Food Express)?

They seem to talk a good talk. paid training with one year of service, contract, 29CPM startiung out after 6 weeks with a trainer. 6 months later upto 31CPM. upto 4700 mile a week, 12 days on a 2 days at home.

Thanks Gang

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Nice!! With up to a 70 hour work week, that 4700 miles per week works out to about a 67-68 mph average, as long as you don't have to slow down for any traffic lights, fuel the truck, eat, hit the bathroom, sleep, load, or unload anywhere.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Too much runnin' for me.

5. shaddmuzak

shaddmuzak Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Your in a truck, why would you slow down...

6. drive55cat

drive55cat Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Pa
    I wish you good luck with that and I mean that, 4700 hundred miles a week sounds like a potential prison stretch to me! drive55cat

7. nwtruckerwive

nwtruckerwive Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I would also like to know if anyone knows any info on FFE? My husband is thinking of leaving next week for their training program. ANY information would help us make an informed decision... PLEASEEEEE HELP US... :)

Michelle

8. The Sheltie

The Sheltie Bobtail Member

I was looking into FFE and their subsidary Lisa Motor. Both sounded good. Lisa promised 3000 miles a week, .29 to start with regular raises, and they'd pay training for a 1 year contract. I could find nothing about them that was bad, they seem up front about what they want.

Downside for me, probably not a concern for you, was that they wanted .01 cents per mile to let my Sheltie ride with me. There's no cap, so with the aveage 3000 miles a week you are looking at a lot of money.

If you go to Alabama for training, you live in a dorm for 3 weeks, but they cover all your training with an allowance of $50 a week. Go to Texas and they pay only part upfront, but reimburse you for the balance.

That's what I came up with in my search anyway, don't know if it helps you at all. I spoke personally with one FFE driver where I live. He says its been the best place he's ever worked.

The Sheltie :biggrin_25522:

Ambassador Londo Mollari: But this - this, this, this is like being nibbled to death by . . . what are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet, go 'quack' . . .

Ambassador Vir Cotto: Cats

Ambassador Londo Mollari: Cats, being nibbled to death by cats

9. nwtruckerwive

nwtruckerwive Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Thank you so much for the info, it looks like that is the way we are going. What did you mean by "Go to texas and they pay only part upfront, but reimburse you for the balance." pay what upfront? And what balance....

Thanks again
    Chelle:biggrin_25525:

10. The Sheltie

The Sheltie Bobtail Member

Hahaha, sorry! What, can't read my mind?! It is the tuition. They told me that if you go to Texas you pay part of the tuition up front, then FFE takes care of the rest via you signing a contract, you know the rest of the dance. Alabama, they pay the whole thing. Both places you get the $50 a week allowance. Now, I'm guess so don't quote me, it appears FFE doesn't do their own training but hires it out to schools in these areas. But like I said, just me guessing.

The Sheltie :biggrin_25522:

"I would commit suicide, but there just isn't enough ice cream.":biggrin_2556:

11. drive55cat

drive55cat Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Pa
    At Mavericks' orientation is not really free of charge, however there are some funds they pay you that more than covers the charges. When you look at it all together, you come out with a decent shake overall, that would be north Little Rock, AL. drive55cat

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.