Pipe dream stuff I know. But, if YOU were updating rules about receiving truckers at a facility, what changes would you want? Here's my list:
1. Must have restroom facilities available for drivers. No exceptions.
2. Must be physically configured where drivers do not have to use any portion of a public road to maneuver into a dock.
3. Must give driver an ETA for completion upon check in.
4. Must notify driver at a minimum of every 2 hours current status and ETA for completion.
5. Anytime ETA for completion changes by more than 30 minutes, drivers must be notified of new ETA.
6. Must have visible signage at all entry points of facility clarifying where truck entrance is located and where driver check in is located.
7. Must have signage at entry point if lumper services are in use.
8. Must have staging area parking and do not require driver to park on a public road to check-in or wait at a facility.