What companies are raising pay? Please share any info on payscales you have!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by The Crossword Trucker, May 16, 2021.

1. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    What you want to do is find some of the throwback recipe. The original style. Hard to find, not sure if it was limited time only or if it's like McRib, only available sometimes.

Capacity Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slow.rider

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Lips and rectums. Just like hot dogs. :eek:

Coffey Thanks this.
  4. Iampa

Iampa Light Load Member

May 4, 2021
    Henderson NV
    Just made me check that the wife bought all beef. I'm a snob and don't do pig rectum!

Coffey Thanks this.
  5. slow.rider

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    So then it's just cow lips and rectums?

Coffey Thanks this.
  6. Iampa

Iampa Light Load Member

May 4, 2021
    Henderson NV
    Correct!
    Covered in chili!

Capacity and Coffey Thank this.
  7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I just rented out a studio apartment in GB for $675 a month, plus heat/electric. 20 years ago I and a roommate paid $625 for a two bedroom that had a kitchen, living room and dinning room in Milwaukee, WI. That apartment is renting for $1,675 a month right now - with no parking. There is no way that Chuck and I could have covered rent for that place, let alone our tab at Wolski's. SNAP and Section 8 benefits have subsided employers for decades. The fact that welfare pays more than work is not an indictment of welfare - it's an indictment of employers whose business model doesn't include paying a living wage. Over the last year I've watched Quad Graphics and Mercury increase their base pay by more than 20%. Entry level workers at Richelieu Foods in Beaver Dam, WI have gone up by 50% in the last year. All of this is an indication that we have been paying below market wages.

I have no problem indexing Federal minimum wage to the poverty level on a county by county basis. That would be a more reasonable response than giving subsidies/tax breaks to corporations to hire employees at a wage that still allows the employee to get Section 8 housing or SNAP benefits.

MIT, Jenn72, dwells40 and 1 other person Thank this.
  8. slow.rider

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Hey, if you're gonna go down, may as well go down in a blaze of glory. :D

UturnGirl and Coffey Thank this.
  9. zep1218

zep1218 Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Agawam
    I want my mcribb ######

slow.rider Thanks this.
  10. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    My company has increased pay by 7cpm since January. So I was making about 60cpm +6 performance bonus at the end of last year and now make 7cpm more.

Yet, I'll be quitting at the end of this month because the load planners leave me sitting around wasting my clock for at least 2 days a week and my company doesn't pay layover pay. Also they want to argue against paying weekend pay whenever I drive 0 miles on the weekend because a load doesn't actually get loaded on the weekend. Apparently being dispatched on a non-existent load on a weekend counts as a weekend load. Since I'm not a complete idiot I'm out.

11. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    How much did Wisconsin pay Foxcon for the jobs Foxcon created? How much money did Racine and Kenosha counties plow into acquiring land from homeowners and farmers at below market prices? How many of those former self sufficient landowners are now on the dole?

We seem to have no problem with subsidizing corporations with the ultimate aim of benefiting workers, but blanche at the idea of subsidizing workers directly.

If a business owner cannot pay their employees a wage that allows them to pay for housing/food without governmental assistance, then that employer can't afford to be in business. We've been increasing subsidies for corporations for decades while at the same time villainizing their workers who rely on welfare to meet basic needs.

You mention a "trade learning program" - what has happened to funding for state colleges and community colleges over the last 30 years? In 1990 it was possible to go to any state school and work any minimum wage job (full time in the summer, part time during the 'school year') and graduate debt free. Can you do that today?

Executive level pay has increased at more than 100% since 1990 while average wage has increased (depending on how you weight the data) by less than 10%. The percentages change dramatically once you include health care costs.

If you want to eliminate welfare, fine. But be careful of what you wish for.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.