What companies pay drivers an actual salary?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Jeremy102077, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    If you're talking about Great Plains, the 65k is only the base pay. It comes out to 1250/wk, even on weeks you're off. You also have a graduated bonus pay each for every 1000 miles above 10k, I think it is, up to 1000 for the month. With the way they run you, you could easily push 75k for the year.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Is the 1250 base take home or gross?

4. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    I have some guys that have proved themselves over time ...I pay them a salary and a bonus when they are more productive ...i.ve allways paid a breakdown pay as I am responsible for the equipment . I would bet a lot of smaller carriers between 10 trucks or larger are like that

Walt NJ Thanks this.
  5. Knucklehead

Jan 21, 2006
    Gross.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  6. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Yes it is, but its what they pay...... ;)

7. frontrange

frontrange Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Northern Michigan
    Wolverine Haulers out of Muskegon, MI pays a salary of 75,000 per year home every weekend, drive a new decked out pete with dryvan

Walt NJ and Knucklehead Thank this.
  8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    $65K is base salary for a home every night M-F gig in my opinion.

Muskie and Knucklehead Thank this.
  9. Knucklehead

Jan 21, 2006
    14 hour days? Not much of a home life. I'm seeing that the new thing with the local jobs is $55-75k salary, or so, but they don't usually tell you the hours, flextime, overtime, on call, sometimes out of state, etc. I've been looking around here, and haven't found consistent hours. Frankly I need part time, but not much of that either.

GP started their salary pay after I left, but I'll tell you what I know about them...
    $65k ($1250 every week, including hometime) + 8-12k consistent bonus, if you want the miles + raises based on performance after 6 months, according to their website... that's not a bad OTR gig.

The people are decent, the equipment gets fixed, the reefers are newer - as are the trucks. Fuel when you need to, where you want... predominantly Loves, but others are ok if necessary. They leave you alone to do your job. Very little east coast (I remember I went twice in the 20 months I was there... CT and VA), lots of western, southern, midwest states (my main triangle was MN/GA/CA). I am a longhaul junky, and they rarely disappointed. No NYC. No touch freight. No I-70 west of Denver. Reimbursed for paid parking. They don't have a problem with toll roads - I'm assuming within reason. I've never heard of them turning anyone down because of where they lived.

The bad: They will send you to Southern Cal a fair bit, and occasionally LA. It's reefer - nuff said. 1 day home for every 7 out. I don't believe drivers get detention/layover due to their salary. Fargo is nice and all, but it's way up there for a home base.

I need to stop doing this... I'm talking myself into going back OTR. LOL

I'm not recruiting for them, I'm just enthusiastic about a company that I really enjoyed. And I was seriously bummed when I had to leave (medical). If I can't get on with a mail outfit around my new house, I may give it a shot again - as much as I don't want to be away from the family again. I've spent most of my married life on the road. It's time for me to get rid of that bug. But dayam it's tempting!

Walt NJ Thanks this.
  10. Knucklehead

Jan 21, 2006
  11. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Advertised pay is ALWAYS Gross. Everybody's take home pay is different.

bryan21384 and racemaxx24 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.