What companies take drivers with speeding tickets?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by BillyBobFrank, Jun 1, 2023.

1. BillyBobFrank

BillyBobFrank Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2022
    Got caught going 20 over (I wasn't paying attention to the signs and I'm going to pay for it with my job and court fees), what companies accept drivers who've been caught speeding?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Schneider
    Even advertises that.

BillyBobFrank Thanks this.
  4. BillyBobFrank

Nov 7, 2022
    Thank you.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    can you fight the tix? or at least tru to get itc reduced to a lesser charge

6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    You need to get a lawyer and fight the ticket. At least get it amended to under 15 over. Find a local traffic lawyer or contact a company like roadlaw.net that specializes in truckers tickets.

7. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    From exp., 20 over is going to show up as a reckless driving violation on your CSA report. If you have an otherwise clean record, I'd go in and throw myself on the mercy of the court, explain you lost your job as a result, and a 20 over conviction will make you almost unhireable for the next 3 yrs. In the early 2000's, I got a 20 over ticker in my personal vehicle, I reported it to the company, they ripped me a new one, I only had one other violation at the time, in the plea bargain, the DA, who despised truckers, agreed to drop the points to 8, but doubled the fine, it was a take it or leave it offer.

8. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    Every day. I witness about 25% of all trucks and 50% of all 4 wheelers doing 20 over in work zones. Most of the rest are doing 10 to 15 over.
    At least one in four drivers should be fired and black balled, IMO. Over speeding in work zone + lane violation + tail gating = reckless driving.
    I will go up to 5 over and, rarely, up to 10 over - only to reduce the speed differential when everyone else is over speeding.

The company I work for is a great company with very conscientious management, yet here on TTR, they have lots of negative, histrionic reviews and I know why: They fire a lot of drivers for unsafe driving. These are the kind of people who do not care about anyone but themselves and always blame others for their failures.

Is one's career really over with only a single speeding ticket - even if it is 20 over? I am skeptical. Sorry if I am wrong but I think this is a guy who chronically speeds and likely tailgates and does other unsafe things - it is very common and I WANT such "drivers" black balled.

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  9. BillyBobFrank

Nov 7, 2022
    You're making quite the assumption. I'm actually a very safe driver, but I foolishly missed a sign after 13 hrs into a shift and was pulled over trying to get to a truck stop. As you know, there isn't nearly enough truck parking and I tried a rest area and truck stop along the way, but they were full and I was forced to keep going until I found parking.
    I was tired and less focused, as we've all been at one point or another and I don't appreciate being referred to as some kind of super trucker.

Big Road Skateboard Thanks this.
  10. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Just a little butthurt, huh?

Last Call Thanks this.
  11. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    He's just upset that the Swift truck he is steering wheel holding is governed at 62 mph
    He gets pissy because guys like us pass him ..
    He's probably campaigning in favor of speed limiters
    After all he thinks everyone that pass's his a@$ is a super trucker

Big Road Skateboard Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.