What Do Truckers Listen To

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by jack27, Jul 15, 2008.

1. 18wheeldumptrucker

18wheeldumptrucker "Buckeye Bucket"

Apr 1, 2008
    Sullivan, Ohio
    I listen to a little bit of everything. And I do mean everything. I have teenagers and I like to try to keep up with what they're listening to. I listen to Glenn Beck in the morning and then I hit the rock stations or top 40 stations. Occasionally I will throw on the country station too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Outlaw Country kicks ###:yes2557:

Harry Boland and Muleskinner Thank this.
  4. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    while on the road i listened to fm then bought an xm and listened to channel 10 america mostly but also comedy and sometimes channel 11 16 or 17 on xm

5. Native Dancer

Native Dancer Heavy Load Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Portland, Or.
    Sirius 114 Dr. channel, Fox Talk (John Gibson to aggravate my friends on the left, Alan Coombs to aggravate my friends on the right, Bill O'Reilly to aggravate everyone).Bluegrass, Christian tapes, NASCAR. In my tape deck Waylon Jennings, CCR, Dr. Hook, George Jones, Gordon Lightfoot.

Muleskinner Thanks this.
  6. panhandleswife

panhandleswife <strong>Florida Girl</strong>

Jan 14, 2007

Thats about pat he love his xm moring show and then dave talk show

7. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Being from the younger generation, I listen to rock and alternative and grunge on Sirius. Also, I try to tune into the Lockridge report from 2pm-4pm EST. Sometimes Ill turn the radio off and roll down the passengers window and listen to the whine of the turbo. That is a beautiful sound!

Jim Bob and Working Class Patriot Thank this.
  8. roadkill4512

roadkill4512 Medium Load Member

May 9, 2008
    Lancaster,PA
    Audiobooks

Music- CDs, FM radio, Sirius

Genre Usually Classic Rock, sometimes oldies

-ZZ Top
    -Bob Seger
    -U2
    -Credence Clearwater
    - Lenny Kravitz
    - Foghat
    -Elvis
    -Chuck Berry
    -Steve Miller
    -Pat Benatar

9. Meat Wagon

Meat Wagon Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Lindale Texas
    The Bible on CD.
    Rock music from the 60's....mostly British groups including lots of Beatles.
    Misc. 80's rock music CDs I've put together; selected One-Hit-Wonders. Also Stevie Ray, ZZ Top, Stevie Wonder, Eagles.

Classical music on NPR.

Muleskinner Thanks this.
  10. drlivingston

drlivingston Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Trussville, AL
    I am a huge fan of audio books and I greatly encourage everyone to give them a chance. They cover such a broad array of topics and interests. You can check them out for free at your local library but if convenience is more of a factor, TA, Flying J, and Pilot offer a good selection at a reasonable price. You do not have to turn them in at the same truckstop. With a membership, you can just turn them in wherever you happen to park the rig. Some people like fiction and some people like nonfiction. It does not matter your preference, audio books are a great source of entertainment and stimulation.

Harry Boland, Muleskinner and jedi_tev Thank this.
  11. ShallowDOF

ShallowDOF Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Kenmore, WA
    I love Audiobooks.

I love Podcasts even more, who can argue with free content?

Here are some of my favorite podcasts:

Salty Dog Blues and Roots
    This one is great, two hours of blues music delivers twice a week. It is a radio show broadcast in Australia.

This American Life
    This is an NPR podcast that covers a different topic each week. The stories do a good job at getting your attention and keeping you interested the whole time.

KEXP
    This is a college station out of Seattle. They have 3 music podcasts. one is a song a day thing. The next is an in-studio performance every week. The other is a DJ coming in and doing an hour long program of what ever they happen to be digging at that moment. The station plays mostly indie stuff but it is really good and they let all the DJ's pick what music they will be playing.

The BJ Shea Show
    This is a morning show out of Seattle geared towards men. The show is highly entertaining if you like stupid humor.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.