What do you like best about trucking?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by GrandmaRosa, Feb 23, 2020.

1. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Dislikes: The drivers who refuse to shower and smell like 2 week old sour milk. Or the ones who refuse to use a shower to bathe, and do it in the sink

The water bottle and dirty tissue on the floor crowd.

The crowd that leaves their urine bottles or jugs, and feces bags all over the place when they are trash cans 25 to 50 feet away

nitetride379x, Dennixx and tscottme Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    The kaleidoscope of colored dots I see after being blinded by another drivers LED high beams... You’ll have made your pass and looking in your mirror when BLAM!!

The timing is always perfect too!

4. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
  5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
  6. Av8torcrj

Av8torcrj Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I love walking out of a truck stop on a sultry summer evening at dusk after a great shower and passing by the hundreds of huge growling Diesel engines, all with their own story to tell, inside and out, feeling like I’m part of “something” even though it reeks of rancid urine and french fries.

I love traveling through the small flat-ground midwestern towns with the window cracked checking out the old houses and smelling the fresh cut grass, leaves burning or bbq and wondering WTF would anybody live here?

I love the feeling of watching a major metropolitan area full of crime and congestion that I’ve just negotiated disappear in the rear view mirror with nothing but green lines ahead on the gps and my stop ahead for the night has over 200 parking spaces available.

I love it when the rear of the trailer hits the dock perfectly square in a tight alley with no pull ups. (Never happens)

I love it when I pick up an empty for my next load and open the doors and find it swept clean, not full of shrapnel and busted up pallets.

I love it when my live-load assignment says the load won’t be ready until 4pm but I show up with a sense of hope at 9am and find not only is the load ready but it’s in a brand new pre-loaded trailer.

I love it when I’m doing my pre trip and I get out to check the lights and discover none of them are working only to remember I forgot to turn them on.

I love walking into a LOVES truck stop and find sour chewy Twizzlers in their clearance basket marked down to $1 from $4.25.

I love being handed the scale ticket on a 45k load and it specs out at 11800, 33650, 33720 after the “first weigh”.

I love it when delivering at Procter and Gamble in Atlanta and you round the bend to the gate and nobody is ahead of you in line AND they have an empty.

And I really love it when I know I’m expecting a home bound load and it pops up a preloaded 12k Walmart trailer that simply needs to be dropped on the company yard and I’m 200 miles from the destination with 6 hours on my clock.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  7. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I like listening to podcasts all day, every day. I like driving out West. I liked the few years I took my dog with me. Now I mostly like the trips out West, the days off, the pay.

8. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    I like all the females washing my truck with the bikini and checking my oil. Mmmmmmmmm

thelushlarry, D.Tibbitt and tscottme Thank this.
  9. Lumper Humper

Lumper Humper Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2018
    Colorado Springs, CO
  10. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    I like parking it on friday and getting in my own truck headed home.

Lumper Humper Thanks this.
  11. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    That cat looks like its giving that container an orgasm lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.