What ever happened to Abe?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by tucker, Sep 16, 2018.

Is he working?

Poll closed Feb 16, 2020.
  1. Nope

5 vote(s)
    9.6%
  2. Yep

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. Did he ever?

11 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Who’s Abe?

30 vote(s)
    57.7%
  5. Great Question

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Despite everything, Mrs. Lincoln was quoted that the play was quite good up until the unscheduled intermission.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    i bet that looser complete bailed just like my brother in law who worked for werner for about a year. he completely gave up on trucking, he in fact lost his CDL it was time for renewal and working a $10 per hour temp service job he didnt have a pot to piss in. he allowed his CDL to go bye bye. these people that dont like OTR or completely wash out should try a local gig where they dont use DAC. as for me my record is 100%, i have no dirt and nothing to hide, but i know for a fact my boss will take just about anyone..... he needs drivers. these people that completely bail on their CDL, pathetic.

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I try and view people that don't make it at some type of living or another as just being guys that aren't cut out for that particular line of work. Doesn't make then bad people, however in truck driving, the melt downs and contempt they have for trucking is unsurpassed.

I think they come in with a preconceived notion of what trucking is, then when reality hits, they just go bananas.

Woodys, Lepton1, Lonesome and 2 others Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That thread has a video of a trucker who apparently cannot stay awake due to a seriously botched loading situation.

As far as him complaining of microsleep and so on on the phone, to me that's a bell that cannot be unrung.

I would have done everything I can to refuse that loading situation. Being told to go get rested again is a problem all of itself. I would have bobtailed for half a day visiting whatever is locally getting cultured etc.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  6. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    He's not dead. He is living on the dark side of the moon along with Elvis and Hitler. Soon they will launch an attack on earth with Nazi drones singing Elvis songs that Lincoln recently emancipated.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  7. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    It seems better if a person decides they aren't cut out for it and they quit, rather than deciding they aren't cut out for it and kill somebody on the job from the stress.

Woodys, x1Heavy and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Usually two words takes care of that

"I QUIT"

if they are really upset they will either fill pages of Qualcomm Macros about how much of a #### dispatch has been to them or tell em off in the back office far from the ears of the tenderfeet new hires up front signing on.

9. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Well, it was an odd load. He didn't even try to sleep, just played video games while waiting. Not sure if was mentioned in this "topic" or if it came out later. It's been a while. ;)

Lepton1, x1Heavy and scottied67 Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    ####, that's a important detail. Wasting away his time in video games in addition to being flooded with Blue Light destroying his ability to get sleep.

I better go back over the video again and see if he did play video games..

No body talks about that blue light problem vs a human body, I guess there is no money in it. I use flux from F.lux Software LLC version 4.76 on my computer, it really helps by regulating the lighting that gets into my eyes.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  11. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I believe that company pays their drivers a flat $1100 a week no matter if they run 1000 or 3000 miles that week. The caveat is that they must remain available for all forced dispatches otherwise they revert back to a set rate per mile for all their actual worked miles that week which could be much less than $1100 bucks.

The guy pissed away a good job and $1100 bucks that week because he was too tired after a 20 hour break SMH

He got his 15 minute of fame out of it and 90% of the people watching that video sympathize with him and see him as a victim. The truth is he didn't do his job as a professional which includes being properly rested during off hours to be able to run safely during on hours.

Woodys, Lepton1 and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.