What exit was the good food at

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by haz-matguru, Jul 30, 2017.

1. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    I could remember in the past the BBQ lady at the chrome shop in Wildwood FL. Man did she have some good 1lb pork chops. But she was forced out buy high rent. Then someone else moved in with higher prices and garbage food.

I wanted to start a thread for good places to stop for a meal. Flying J had a decent restaurant before pilot took over and put denny's in all of them. Mane that food is horrible. A lot of these truck stops offer unhealty selections for food. And the prices at a popeyes in a T/A are just ridiculous.

I use to stop at crawfish town USA (I-10 ex 115 go N will see on right) in Breaux Bridge LA or the Pappadeaux (at the I-10 ex 848) across from the petro in Beaumont TX. Or drop my trailer at the loves on Lamar in Memphis and bobtail to corkeys. Or the was also some great bbq beside the pilot in Hurricane Mills TN. But I beleave they changed ownership from what one of the ladies told me there.

How bout it drivers where is your favorite pit stop?

slow.rider Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. haz-matguru

Feb 18, 2012
    What exit for the nanner pudding???

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I65 @ exit 65 in Bliss Kentucky

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  5. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Bam.

Game over.

Rabbi wins.

dunchues and slow.rider Thank this.
  6. haz-matguru

Feb 18, 2012
    Was that the one in KY? There was one lady that would say nanner a hundred times and be out of breath before she could say puddin

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  7. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    That was recorded back in 2004 so maybe her age is catching up with her.
    Exit 65 off of Interstate 65 on the west side of the interstate

slow.rider Thanks this.
  8. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    If your into Mexican Food. El Rey Azteca in Pioneer, Tennessee just across from the Pilot/TA I-75 x141 excellent food.

slow.rider Thanks this.
  9. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Mexican Food..... Mezcal 2 Mexican US 30 Clinton, Iowa just east of the Kwik Trip truck stop maybe 8 minute walk.... Excellent Food.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  10. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Don't remember that one off of I-65 x65 didn't know anything about it. The one I remember for pudding was I-71 X62 Glencoe ky yum yum shop

11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    This is place is well off the beaten path but will put it forward here away due to another observation it made me aware of ....

Considering sit-down restaurants (national chain, local independent, whatever), has anyone else noticed how rare it is to be waited on by someone who is actually enjoyable to around? Think about - when was the last time you stopped at a restaurant, where the waitress (or waiter) made you feel good you stopped in? i.e. they provided great service, were perky and cheery, were knowledgeable of the menu and other offerings, were "easy on the eyes", walked with a purpose, and always smiled?

Well, I recently found one of these at a small local diner in Arco, ID when I stopped in late-afternoon for a cheeseburger. She made a lasting impression. I know she wasn't there last time I stopped in a few months ago, but as I recall that waitress was also pleasant and good at her job ... more pleasant than what we typically have to deal with out here.

It seems some places attract/hire unhappy people and other places attract happy people.

Golden West Cafe, Arco, ID. 1 mile southwest of town off US-20.

I highly recommend stopping in if you ever pass through. The food is good and I know they have recently had at least one amazing waitress working there. Unlike any you'll typically find out here on the interstates and byways.

BTW, if traversing Idaho between southern/western areas to Dillon, MT and points east/north, cutting through Arco saves a good number of miles, and traffic is always light and the scenery is awesome. But if you have a fast truck and want to run fast, then I guess I would not recommend this route

slow.rider and fargonaz Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.