What food distribution companies/warehouses are the worst?

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by GG1028, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Globalman65

Globalman65 Bobtail Member

May 1, 2017
    I wish you the very best in getting well so you can pass a DOT exam. Stay on point and you will accomplish your goal.

x1Heavy and born&raisedintheusa Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Thank you, I do appreciate this.

God bless you and your entire family!

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

4. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    i picked up out of a farmland foods plant in Missouri years ago. Of course as usual the load wasn't ready and certainly wasn't on time, but they decided to have me park right next to part of the plant's "kill floor". I had to put the engine at high idle and crank the stereo so I wouldn't hear the godawefull screaming noises coming from the building.....

motocross25 Thanks this.
  5. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    I've noticed that a lot of Americold facilities have a passive-aggressive way of telling drivers they don't want you waiting in their lobby. Despite the fact that they are cooling a quarter of a square mile of warehouse, they can't pipe air conditioning into the 15x15 driver waiting area.

x1Heavy and Teivel VP Thank this.
  6. Chris.29

Chris.29 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2017
    NebraskaLand in the bronx

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. LandslideRich

LandslideRich Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Charlotte, NC
    I deliver fresh California Produce to the WMDC in Pageland SC about twice a month and am in and out of perishables within two hours... Except last Saturday when they rejected 189 cases of honeydew because they did not order it. After 6 hours of waiting while the broker tried to find a home for it they told me to just get rid of them. I sold them to a produce distributor for $2 a box. Meanwhile, a produce stand right across the street from the DC offered to take them off my hands for free citing all the other produce he was selling for full market value that he had already gotten for free the same way. I told him I would give it to a food bank or church before I gave it to him.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. prosidius

prosidius Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Wisconsin
    Smithfield in Sioux City Iowa is terrible. Appointment was from 0730 to 2200, at 2300 they told me production shut down for the night and I wouldn't get loaded until the next day. 22 hours I spent waiting there for one and a half pallets.

x1Heavy and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    There's a lot of USDA and FDA inspection and certification issues crop up unexpectedly especially at meat processing plants. As well as supply issues. Sometimes the right cattle or pigs or what not don't hit the dock at the right time.

Meat processing plants are always a crap shoot when doing live loads.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. RustyChops41

RustyChops41 Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Clovis, CA
    Maybe not dirty, I dunno, but the worst grocery stop ever, since the earth cooled, is Ralph's Compton. Apparently built for 27' trailers, and a tall brick wall staring you in face about 16' away after (and IF) you can get backed in without adding your company's bumper color to the "Confetti Wall". To back in, you WILL have to get the guy that ends up on your left side to unhook and move his tractor. Then you still pray to not color the wall.

x1Heavy and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  11. Wingnut1

Wingnut1 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2012
    The Mitten
    I've never, ever been a fan of Americold, but last week at the location in S.E. Indianapolis took the cake.
    11 hours sitting in the door....TQL load and they were actually helping as much as possible. Had a conference call with the agent and my boss man (I drive for an O/O) and the agent said I was 48% loaded but he was tempted to pull the load, pay for truck ordered not used AND pay me detention at $40/hr. But, we hung in there and got the job done. Sucks that TQL has a cap on detention, so I only get $275 but hey, I've been wanting new wheels for my pickup! LoL

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.