What happens if I leave CR England after 9 month contract

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by biddlydiddly, Jan 22, 2018.

1. biddlydiddly

biddlydiddly Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I still keep my CDL and everything right?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Yes you keep your cdl but you might owe them money if you went through their school and havent fulfilled your contract with them

4. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    What's your contract say, you know that piece of paper you signed with a bunch of big words on it.....:)

ZVar and Puppage Thank this.
  5. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    If you have to stick it out, at least put in a year so the bill is paid. Don't know if it is any better now or not. They do have terminals, so better than others, so you can do laundry, have repair work done, etc.

6. JohnGER

JohnGER Light Load Member

May 5, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    It sucks when you apply to another company. When they try to verify your employment with CRE, CRE will send them a cease and desist letter saying "this driver is still under contract with us, and we insist that you do not move forward with the hiring process."

Then it goes on to spout some legal mumbo jumbo, sighting some case with CRST vs JB Hunt, and then CRE will wait until day 29.5 to send them your DOT Verification with the required Drug & Alcohol testing results with in the 30 day allotted window... all but making the company that is processing your app just give up on you.

It will follow you for years, or until you pay them back.

The best advice I ever got was "Stick with your 1st company for a full year". I highly recommend you do the same.

If you signed a contract, stick with it, or it will follow you. Sure, you will absolutely get hired by other companies, but not the ones you want to work for. They get that letter and have to decide if they are going to take a chance on a driver that may or may not get them into legal muddy waters, who can't live up to a commitment (that thousands of other drivers managed to do), and only has 9 months experience under their belt.

If you got the deal of a lifetime already on the table, and they know your situation and don't care - sure, take your shot.

But if it is just another big company recruiter making pie-in-the-sky promises, or a Lease Purchase deal that will make you rich, or a failed driver who keeps barking at you that your company is abusing you... don't sabotage yourself.

Because the next company after that will also get that letter, and the next company after that will also get that letter... and when you finally find that pace that will be perfect for you, they will also get that letter.

If you think the CREs/CRSTs/JBHunts are tough on their drivers, wait until you see how they handle former drivers who break a signed, legal contract with them...

Again - its not the end of the world, but it may cost you the job you want, and force you into the job you settle for...

NavigatorWife and biddlydiddly Thank this.
  7. JohnGER

JohnGER Light Load Member

May 5, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    I had Jrod text me an example:

PS - Yes, I am aware that this example is from CRST and not CR England, but this is pretty much the standard letter they all send.

Attached Files:

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  8. Hollywood1963

Hollywood1963 Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Yes you will be fine except you will owe for your full tuition plus whatever interest fee they want to add they offered me a position to train and they would clear the 7'000 I owe for skipping out after 4 months on a 6 months contract

9. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Swift will hire you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.