What happens if you fail dot again after 3 month card

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by longhairdontcare, Sep 18, 2018.

1. longhairdontcare

longhairdontcare Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2016
    Are you permanently done as a cdl holder or can you keep getting 3 month card over and over?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. longhairdontcare

Sep 4, 2016
    Looks like I'm in some trouble. I only have 1 month left on my 3 month card and even though my blood pressure is dropping, it's still taking awhile.

4. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
  5. longhairdontcare

Sep 4, 2016
    I think I have white coat syndrome. I've been checking my blood pressure with my bp monitor and it's been 130/80 consistently. But when I went to try getting a 1 year card today, my pressure read 153/70. Laid down for 10 minutes and it read even higher! She was using a manual blood pressure device that you have to pump.

I went to a cvs clinic to get a second opinion and had to sign off on some forms before the doctor would check me. My readings read 130/80 on the left arm and 131/82 on the right arm. He was using a automatic bp reader. Can I have him write me a note saying my blood pressure is ok and I can take that back up to the place that issued me a 3 month card? I had to sign a form before they could take my blood pressure.

I don't think I will get a 1 year card if I keep going up to that dot physical place because I keep getting white coat syndrome no matter what I do.

slow.rider Thanks this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Get your own hand pump reader and find out for yourself. The electronic ones you buy can be all over the place.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  7. longhairdontcare

Sep 4, 2016
    Just checked with the place that did my physical. They said they accept notes/clearances from certified doctors/pharmacists saying my blood pressure was below 140/90 when they checked it!!!!

I had to sign a form before he checked my pressure. Both arms are under 140/90.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to be going this route from now on. To hell with sitting at the DOT place stressed out waiting to be tested.

tscottme and slow.rider Thank this.
  8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    But now with the note you won’t be stressed out and will be able to pass it there

slow.rider and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  9. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    problem with them white coats they try putting us in straight jackets,they come to take us away.

NavigatorWife and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Some things you can do to lower your BP

Stop drinking all types of sodas, you would be surprised at the sodium amounts they have.

Cut or eliminate any salt, sodium and high levels of potassium from your diet. Mostly fast foods. A side benefit here is the reductions in fats and cholesterol.

Cut out or at least reduce sugars, that would also include high fructose corn syrup. Artificial sweeteners as well. You would be amazed at how much this stuff is added to foods.

Increase you water intake. And as a last resort, try low dose aspirin.

Do this for 30 days, you will be amazed at the difference.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.