What happens if you go into violation (driving past 11th hour) on electric logs?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by freightwipper, Mar 28, 2014.

1. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Dispatch had me on a hot load and told me I could park overnight parking across from the customer in a construction lot.
    Turns out I got there and the lot was fenced off.
    I drove 20 minutes past my 11th hour to find a place to park.
    Qualcomm went crazy... but what happens?
    CSA, fine, on my record?
    What happens?
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Company violation.

If stopped during the next 8 days, log book violation.

If company audited in 6 months and found log violation.

Otherwise, no need to dwell.

aussiejosh, pattyj and freightwipper Thank this.
  4. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    time to request home time lol

thanks

5. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    you are an outlaw and a danger to the public, what if some small child was walkling across the road, alone, in the dark at night and you ran over her

what would you tell her lawyers???

Rollr4872, toss009, btrucker and 5 others Thank this.
  6. Mountain Hummingbird

Mountain Hummingbird Medium Load Member

Oct 14, 2012
    You get #### from your safety guys, only worry is if the company is going to get an audit then a violation, and told not to do it again. For future referance just log off the the next morning drive back to where you logged off and log back in the log out and log in location will be the same.

7. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I wouldn't worry about it unless you are a habitual offender. The occasional error isn't what they're worried about.

Yet.

8. sherlock510

sherlock510 Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Intercontinental.
    Definitely wouldn't make it a habit.

Maybe a phone call from safety but I wouldn't stress over it.

9. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    Nothing has happened to me so far. Guess it depends on the company though. It happens. I always notate in the comments section the reason 'loading/unloading delay could not park at shipper' whatever the (legitimate) reason may be. Happens on average about once every three months to me. As long as you don't have repeated violations I think the expect this on some level given how some shippers and receivers are.

This is is where the google map and sat map on my phone pays for itself. Sometimes I've been able to find decent parking really close to where I am. Lowes, Home Depots, walmarts, grocery stores sometimes you just have to get creative to not run it over more than a few minutes.

I got one to Pawtucket RI once directions said overnight parking available. Got there with 20 minutes left and the guard laughed at me and asked where I thought I was going to park? No parking allowed. Pulled up the sat map on the phone and found a grocery store 3/10 away. Rolled over there in the back corner by the dock and shut down like I belonged there. After the 2nd time the cop rolled through and he didn't bother me figured I was good. Rolled over in the morning and unloaded. Didn't even trip the log on.

Sometimes you just have to get creative. Don't do it with no explanation though. Cya. Call safety and send a qc message explaining why you ran over. These things, at least at my company, go over much better if you get in front of them rather than wait for the phone call asking why.

As as long as it isn't a pattern of behavior for you I wouldn't worry about it happening once. It won't be the last last time if you're on an elog. That I promise you.

48Packard Thanks this.
  10. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    3rd time and truck self-destructs. BOOM!

Raiderfanatic and Aussie Tom Thank this.
  11. Green-eyed Lady

Green-eyed Lady Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Dallas TX
    Your truck won't start until you get a note from your mother, a chewing out from your compliance officer and an okey-dokey from the janitor that works at FMCSA. :blob2::blob5::blob4:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.