What has been your best experience on the road?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lightning01, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Lightning01

Lightning01 Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2020
    A few weeks ago, I asked what everyone’s worst experiences on the job were. Now, let’s look on the brighter side and talk about our best experiences. It could be anything you consider a good experience. A good memory, a funny moment. Feel free to share your stories.

D.Tibbitt and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    The moments that always make me smile is when someone gives me the arm pump to blow my air horn, and the huge smile they give in response once I oblige them.

4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Oh, that's easy,,,trucking with good friends, most that are gone now, that would give an arm and a leg to help. A CB was imperative, and it helped burn many a mile. I sure miss those days,,,

5. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    I do it backwards I guess.. I blow the horn first and then watch for the arm pump :)

6. Black_Yeshua

Black_Yeshua Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2019
    Making a gang of money during this pandemic

Smut, D.Tibbitt and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  7. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I went to a cold storage. Check in 1am. This Supertrucker tried checking in the front gate while he was three trucks back from the gate. They told him to wait.
    Then we were told to go to a waiting area inside. Wait for a phone call from receiving. After my call. I went inside. Went through receiving desk with paperwork. Then waited in line for the lumper. When all of a sudden. The lady comes blasting out of the receiving office. Approaches a driver, about 4 drivers ahead of me in line. She starts screaming: "I didn't CALL YOU! (shoves his paperwork in his chest) Now you get your truck out of here! You go back to the waiting area! And you wait for me to CALL YOU!"
    As she turned to go back to her office. I gave her a thumbs up.
    It was the same Supertrucker from at the front gate.

8. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    Truck broke down in Branford, Connecticut and was being repaired. Caught the train to NYC and spent a few days exploring.

9. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Got an unexpected bonus today along with my paycheck. Great times!

D.Tibbitt and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  10. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Going home after a long time out and finding no problems with my pay or any other type of surprise. Outside of that I would say sitting and watching the sunrise and set out west where you can see horizon to horizon.

Speed_Drums and Smut Thank this.
  11. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Alright, so this is gonna sound corny as hell, but...I was, with no exaggeration, getting ready to leave the industry. I have a brain. I'll make it wherever I go. I decided to put in a hail mary pass and put in an application with a company that has great pay but a reputation for being hard to work for. The whole situation was like "yeah right." They won't call me, but even if they do...if they're as awful as everyone says, I can always just leave.

They were on the phone with me at 9 a.m. the next morning. I was the first thing the HR girl did when she saw my app. Uhhh...wow.

And then I start working here, and this terminal is like...legit great. Management is mostly fun, my coworkers are mostly great guys...like, I found my perfect situation on a hail mary as I was walking for the tunnel to the locker room. Crazy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.