What hose for pto pump wet lines?

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by mile marker 27, Jun 10, 2021.

1. mile marker 27

mile marker 27 Road Train Member

Dec 4, 2019
    I’ve had several folks say different things, about what thickness of hose to use for the supply, return and pressure hoses. I know the pressure hose, which goes to the dump trailer has to be a very high pressure hose but can the supply and return lines, just be normal suction hose? The pump I’m currently putting on is a dual line, whereas my other truck just has a single line from the tank.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    If you have a good hydraulic shop near you that has been in business for many years they will know.

Just know what the pressures are for the lines you need made.

If that shop has been around for a while I'm sure they make all the lines for all the trucking companies around you that put wet kits on and replace hoses, etcetera.

Those guys know a lot about pumps and pressures and suction and return... They will know what you need.

mile marker 27 Thanks this.
  4. mile marker 27

Dec 4, 2019
    I know the pressure hose, to the trailer, that I had made for my other truck, was as expensive as hell!

5. mile marker 27

Dec 4, 2019
    My supply and return lines didn’t use fittings. They used a hose barb fitting that screws into pump and tank, with hose clamps. The pressure line to the trailer has crimped fittings and I believe is a 3000psi hose. With dual lines allowing for faster flow back to the tank, upon lowering the trailer, I was suggested that suction hose would be fine.

6. mile marker 27

Dec 4, 2019
    35’ frameless end dump.

Stray_Dog Thanks this.
  7. mile marker 27

Dec 4, 2019
    I am. When I say dual line, I mean two lines between the tank and pump but only one line with pressure going out to the cylinder to raise the trailer. I’m sorry but my terminology may not be correct.

Artax and Stray_Dog Thank this.
  8. mile marker 27

Dec 4, 2019
    There’s only 1 line to the trailer.

Artax and Stray_Dog Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.