What Is Fuel Surcharge mileage pay and such? If I Am Wrong

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Ahmad, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Ahmad

Ahmad Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2014
    How much is Fuel Surcharge today? Because $.92 per mile for lease and $.425 per mile fuel Surcharge do not add up because if you run 3500 miles lets say $3000 your fuel costs $650 your truck payment and $280 your eating and drinking and $200 for rent that is $4630, now $4707.5 you make, 3500 miles Times $1.345 the total of mile pay and fuel Surcharge, where is the profit in this or, why should I lease, Please tell me I am wrong In this and the fuel Surcharge is $1.13 or so

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kelpadi

kelpadi Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Fuel surcharge can be calculated numerous ways so it is difficult to compare. You need to compare the gross revenue per mile. I believe your fuel cost is wrong, I came up with $2000 at $4 a gallon and 7 mpg. With the expenses you listed you would be looking at approximately $0.45 cents per mile for your take home. Considering that you will be responsible for 100% of the FICA (Social Security), no unemployment insurance, and they could terminate your contract early with no recourse I don't think leasing a truck under these conditions would be a good decision. If you could find a job that would pay $.40 cents or more per mile you would be better off. If your goal is ultimately to become an owner operator because you enjoy responsibility, new challenges, decision making, and growth potential then we can have that discussion if you are interested. Good Luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.