What is it about the open road, or your specific job, that makes you like trucking

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Random user, May 30, 2018.

  1. Travelworld2067

    Travelworld2067 Light Load Member

    297
    105
    May 10, 2018
    0


    I love the open road. Its a sense of freedom and adventure. I have no idea where im gonna be next week. I love seeing mountains deserts ever changing environments. It beats the hell out of a 9 to 5 taking same road to and from work then working inside all day. I get to drive in all weather ive seen tornadoes going on. My life is all about adventure. I also love not owning property im a nomad. Only thing im missing is a beautifyl woman. If i had that id be set for life. I go to some cool places. Its the freedom. The adventure. Waking up someone different everyday. Professional tourist is what i am i take time off anywhere go mess around doing stuff peiple obly dream about i get paid to go there and i always have a free hotel.
     
    Maj. Jackhole Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. inandoutoftrouble

    inandoutoftrouble Road Train Member

    4,074
    3,737
    Sep 20, 2012
    Wichita KS
    0
    SADLY & UNFORTUNATELY, this is all too often true!

    God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!
     
  4. Ridgeline

    Ridgeline Road Train Member

    18,635
    85,439
    Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    0
    Really guys?

    When I was in the road, it was one huge thing for me - getting a good nights sleep.

    I don't care if I had a reefer without a muffler next to me, or a truck idling with the a/c on and the fan engaged, or it was five below outside or where I was it beats the hell out of being at home, having cats jumping on the bed to tell you that they saw a raccoon outside or the kids waking up and bothering my wife for something stupid. I told my wife the other day, I need to get dogs again and have them sleep at the foot of the bed to keep these cats off of it and I will also train them to keep the kids out of the bedroom.
     
    Maj. Jackhole and wore out Thank this.
  5. Catman131

    Catman131 Bobtail Member

    23
    18
    Dec 23, 2010
    quadcitys usa
    0
    I drove over the road yrs ago and it wore on me, went back to school (tech school) to get out of trucking and found a great job at CAT Scale Company, Ever hear of em? Bet you have! Still in the trucking industry I spend about 25% of my time in an F250 out traveling the nation opening new CAT Scales and doing major repairs on older ones. I really like this company, work in the office the other 75% but I found my self missing being behind the wheel of a big rig. I approached a local trucking co (25 trucks) about doing some driving on my off time and weekends. Now after a trip out working on scales, (usually 7 to 12 days away) I call the local company and let them know I'm available and they put me in a truck, some local grain hauling and some over the road. Had a week off after working out of town on scales for 2 weeks and couldn't wait to get in that big truck. Davenport Iowa to Chicago to Miami back to Chicago and them home. LOVED IT! Wife and kids are ok with it as long as I don't burn myself out. Doing this more in the winter than the summer. Just something about being out on the road in a big truck!
     
  6. Travelworld2067

    Travelworld2067 Light Load Member

    297
    105
    May 10, 2018
    0

    How much cat scale paying you
     
  7. Catman131

    Catman131 Bobtail Member

    23
    18
    Dec 23, 2010
    quadcitys usa
    0
    bout the same as a veteran OTR driver at reputable company
     
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  • Draft saved Draft deleted