What is Prime's Sleep Apnea/CPAP policy?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by CurbJumper, Feb 29, 2016.

1. CurbJumper

CurbJumper Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2015
    I use a CPAP.
    When I apply to Prime, are they going to require usage stats from the machine?
    How far back? A month? A year?
    What is the grading? So many hours per month?

Is there a requirement on how recent the last sleep lab was completed? 3 months? A year?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigSky

BigSky Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Although I do not know what Prime's requirements are when I got my medical card in IL I was required to get both a "usage stats" report from my machine and a letter from my doctor stating that I was in compliance and that my sleep apnea would not prevent me from driving. With sleep apnea I was only given a one year medical card, rather than the normal two. The maximum report time I was able to get for my machine was 180 days so that's what I submitted, I'm not sure what the minimum requirements are. My original test was years ago and that was not an issue, however my doctor does have to renew a prescription for me to continue to receive supplies for my mask and machine periodically. I don't recall the grading exactly because it wasn't an issue for me … I use mine everyday and was 100%. I do remember it was surprisingly low, like 4 hours for the day to count and something like 70%. Hopefully someone currently with Prime will have more specific/relevant info.

i

DRAGON64 and CurbJumper Thank this.
  4. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
    i heard prime doesn't care if your on a cpap already you must use the company's new clinic and pay 2800..or u dont work here...they will be glad to payroll deducted for you...

5. Chucktshoes

Chucktshoes Medium Load Member

May 23, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    Not true. My current student had been diagnosed as needing a cpap by a Dr prior to coming but wasn't using one. He only had to purchase the machine and use it for a couple months to get enough data to come back and get a 1 year card. He was not made to take the sleep study again.

CurbJumper and BigSky Thank this.
  6. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    What the hell is this one year card crap? Do these doctors just make stuff up as they go? NO WHERE in the regulations does it say sleep apnea gets you a 1 year.

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  7. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
    Their not even anything about sleep apnea in the DOT regulations. noting on the DOT medical form... its a Doctor thing ...CAN U SAY EXTRA MONEY

AnotherObserver, CurbJumper and crxdc Thank this.
  8. CurbJumper

Jul 24, 2015
    It's an insurance scam.

I can personally say that it has stopped my snoring. But other than that, it's a sham. Actually disrupts my sleep most nights because the #### thing falls off and blasts air in my face.

9. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Sleep apnea is a real problem. If you get drowsy and fall asleep behind the wheel you can kill yourself and others. If I had sleep apnea, I personally would want the cpap if it helps.

10. CurbJumper

Jul 24, 2015
    Read my comment again, genius.

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  11. AnotherObserver

AnotherObserver Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Its a scam.

If it was real some would have it but the class i came in had most diagnosed with it.

That seems too coincidental.

Because of it i am reconsidering my future with this company

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.