What is the best Indiana based RV hauling company to contract for?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by hiii98, Jul 28, 2014.

1. hiii98

hiii98 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    I was told the best three are Star Fleet, Maple Leaf, and Horizon.

Star Fleet doesn't allow you to have anyone else in the cab with you, and for me that is a major problem. They seem to pay the most, but there are soooooooo many companies doing this... maybe there are larger outfits that are paying more. Also Horizon seems to pay a lot less, but is more loose on their restrictions.

I want to start making calls today and look for the best pickup truck RV hauling company that is well know, is not a scam and pays its drivers, pays the most in the industry, and allows passengers.

I'm told there are ALOT that do this, I want to start weeding the scams from the good companies...and advice on who to call and who to avoid?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hiii98

hiii98 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    also who has the cheapest commercial insurance, I know about brown and brown...but who else is there??

4. Gordon A

Gordon A Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Tell you what. To get the best ,no BS information on that is to call OOIDA. They insure commercial vehicles. They keep a pretty good record of scams and companies that are also good to deal with. Joining OOIDA is a very good thing to do.-800-715-9369 ask the operator your question or ask for insurance dept.
    Just be prepared to do a LOT of dead heading. One of the most important questions to ask the potential company is do you have any RV/ trailers/ campers in the area returning or going to another dealer?
    You will be under the same rules that every other OTR driver is.HOS
    Good luck in your inquiry.

5. hiii98

hiii98 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    so far I believe none of the companies have return hauls. I assume some hot shot people on here know the best ones to work for and the ones to avoid. Also would it be smarter to haul boats or horse trailers? I mean it seems the smartest way to approach this would be for a company that is hauling both ways.

6. hiii98

hiii98 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    any RV HAULING companies names stick out for any reason?

7. hiii98

hiii98 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    what is the best industry to haul for as a hot shot hauler with a 1 ton? RVs? Boats? Cars? Be nice to never deadhead back.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  8. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Where's your home base @ in Indiana going to be?

9. hiii98

hiii98 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    I live in wisconsin

10. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Hmmmm....

Well you could do auto auctions throughout indiana.

Jeffersonville & Madison has boat runs up to Fondulac & Ontario. Boats are a pain in the ### to cross the border in Detroit but pay pretty well according to the Canadians I was stuck in inspection with. That's all they did was go to Indiana/ohio drive randomly around buy boats and take them home to sell.

Id look more into boats as my main bread & butter. Call up dealerships to run cars as a last resort. Do sub service rv runs in the middle of the state.

Uship has Jeff boat runs up all the time if you wanna look @ rates. Never do uship but its like a free load board to snoop @

11. hiii98

hiii98 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    id love to do boat runs to canada fromWI. any advice on where to find more info on this? Im 25 mins from madison

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.