What is the hairiest road you've been on?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by BigHeadWeb, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Peelsession

Peelsession Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Sioux City, IA
    US 89 Garden City to Logan, Utah. Deep canyon, 2 lane, little shoulder. Follows Logan River.

May not be the hairiest, but I'll avoid it from now on. Especially Sunday afternoon traffic and 53' spread.

Unloaded in Logan the following morning. Boss man says, "Is that you I saw driving through the canyon yesterday? I'm surprised you made it!"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Let me guess, OK Mountain Park Fire?

4. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    I'm always amazed how fast the loggers rip down Sultan... New springs every year!

Macneil Thanks this.
  5. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    I took it once to cut over to Chapleau from the Watershed, never again.

6. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    Not sure if it was mentioned and I'm to lazy to look right now ... lol ... but the OLD Airline Road in Maine ... Route 9 .... Woodland to Bangor.... NOT THE NEW Airline .... the old one prior to the mid 90's .... wow ! This song is based on it I'm pretty sure LOL :

Macneil Thanks this.
  7. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    It's not bad if you know it. It gets rough real quick though!

8. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    No. Kettle Valley Railroad trestles Top of the mountain from June Creek or is it July Creek road.

AModelCat Thanks this.
  9. Snow Walker

Snow Walker Light Load Member

Jeez, the old Cascade from Rossland BC to Christina Lake was a nightmare for anyone pulling a trailer that was anything over 30 ft. You could be looking at your own tail lights on about 50% of the hair pin corners. It was chains both ways and if your truck, (or even a car) had the old vacuum windshield wipers, you would be driving blind whenever it was raining or in the heavy snow storms.

10. Snow Walker

Snow Walker Light Load Member

Another nightmare road that I drove only once and swore never to do it again. We hauled some mining equipment into Telegraph Creek (a mining town) in Northern BC in 1969 . Driving for Trans Canada Hwy Exp pushing a Kenny K100 COE. In two spots we were at a 17% grade heading down, on gravel. Very narrow road, lots of hair pins and no room to pass anything but a mosquito with few places to pull over to pass another vehicle. (it was the empty that had to back up to where ever the closest pullout was). I can't begin to imagine what that road would be like in the winter time.

11. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    Kettle valley rail trestles also.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.