What is the largest sleeper I could put on my 2000 379 Pete please?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by TinyHoss, Jul 14, 2018.

1. TinyHoss

TinyHoss Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2018
    I am a 20+ yr trucker. I am now going to become a team driver with my new wife. So needless to say I need a bigger bed and a potty. Any size advice? I run a refer 53 foot trailer on my Pete. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    Tiny
    If you look at most H.H.G movers and those trucks leased to Landstar, Mercer, Southern Pride, etc. They range in size from 100" to 300". It depends upon what type of trailer you pull, wheel base of your truck, weight, and so forth. I own a 1999 Peterbilt 379, 360"w/b, 210 " sleeper, she weighs empty 56,000 pounds. I could only pull a 48' trailer, but she is strictly a show truck, and registered as such. If i did license her as a working truck. I would have to run permits all the time. Hope this helps, and if you need more info please feel free to ask.

4. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    If you need room Super 8s are $38.95. Think how many nights you can stay there versus the money you will spend.

5. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Wheel base. Gotta have some. Then it just a matter of money. Check out ARI sleepers

6. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    T of Tenn
    You pay $38.95 a night, but you do not own it. In my sleeper it is just like a high dollar Prevost Motorhome. I have all the amenities of that, and my home. Besides Sleezy 8 No tell Motels are bad news.
    You are paying those prices over a year, and paying for the bed bugs, stained mattresses, 4 cup coffee maker with very little creamer/sugar, limited cable channels, if a continental breakfast is available. I can get better breakfast at McDonalds.
    The money spent on a big sleeper pays for itself in two years, and the comfort of standard sleepers is undeniable. If i arrive at a shipper/receiver the day before delivery time. I have everything right there, no need to drop trailer, bobtail miles to find a place to get food. I have a bathroom in the sleeper, so i am not looking for a safe, tree to use bathroom. I have a fully stocked refrigerator/freezer/pantry of food, a three burner stove, microwave/convection oven set up, in motion satelite, with 54" flat-screen, DVD player, surround sound, and a host of other amenities to make life better on the road.
    So any driver looking to either buy a truck with a big sleeper, or upgrading the truck by stretching the frame, and adding a bigger sleeper. Go for it, as you will not be disappointed. It pays back in so many ways in the long run.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.