What is the stupidest thing youve ever seen a Werner dispatcher do?

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Davezilla, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    I had a dispatcher who would constantly give me the wrong times for appointments and I would routinely end up having like 22-34 hour days several times a week and was massively sleep deprived. Their mistakes often meant that I would get up, drive an hour or two, then take a ten hour break, then work a 14 hour shift without having been able to sleep again.

I repeatedly told him and his superiors that it was sleep depriving me so badly that I was often unable to even sit upright in my seat. I ended up having to take days off to get rest because of how weak I was becoming.

The idiots accuse me of just being drunk and had me breathalyzed at the Fontana terminal, then try and force me to drive when I passed.

Yes, they thought that it was okay to drive in that state as long as it wasnt alcohol causing it.

I had multiple managers call me and I had to explain to them the concept of being sleep deprived. They literally did not understand that being sleep deprived affects alertness.

It honestly makes me wonder if Werner has a drug problem in the office. Its hard for me to accept that they could be this idiotic without help from substance abuse.

mateynine Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Sleep Deprivation does not exist in this industry officially, regulatory, supervisorly or any other ly's you can think of including FMCSA'ly

If you cannot sleep a while, that's fine. You will sleep next week. This week you are interfering with the concept of service providing because of your complaints over sleep.

Like a teenager wanting 12 hours uninterrupted sleep in the morning.

I am not your opponet, nor I am trying to pick on you. Sleep Deprivation is literally not a issue in this industry and certainly ignored by most everyone in a company structure. If you cannot be ready to work when it's time for your sleeper berth and off duty is FINISHED then you are not doing well to stay very long as their employee. There will be plenty of sleep deprived youngsters who will run 10,000 miles in 5 days and not complain. (Grotesque illustration but you understand.)

Driving while sleepy is worse than driving drunk. If I wanted to this hour right now, jump into my Tahoe in Arkansas and drive straight through to say... oh... Somerset Maryland in one trip stopping for fuel every 200 miles I'll be there in approximately 22 hours.

There is no regulating, no law no nothing that prevents me from driving sleepy to Somerset Maryland. What is a prevention is when I do crash and kill myself or kill a family trying to do it. That would be my own fault. Everyone will go tsk tsk tsk and forget about it in the next news event. (Somerset would be approximately 1280 miles straight through from where I am. I usually cross into Maryland at Harpers Ferry or Tuscarora and those two bridges are generally 1064 or so miles.

There is no law that says I cannot do this.

IF your situation is THAT BAD...

Trip plan your appointment given before you go get the load. If it's not going to work, say no and get a new appointment time. DO NOT go get the load until you have a valid appt time from dispacher. Refuse invalid and unsafe appt times as often as possible until you get a valid appt time.

They are not allowed to threaten you and your job. That is coraection. (Threats) and illegal under federal law.

Do seek out asap soonest possible any other trucking job. GTFO out Werner before you drive sleepy and kill someone.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Why can't you just change companies?

Phantom Trucker and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Some guys like to make it more dramatic than it really is..

D.Tibbitt, Humblepie, x1Heavy and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    just think about the walmart driver. I think if walmart wasn't connected they he would be rotting away.

7. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I’d say any dispatcher that works for Werner has already done the stupidest thing.

8. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    One time I was in the office and yawned. The terminal manager said “you just got yourself a three day paid vacation to catch up on sleep.” Before I could respond he yelled “this isn’t Werner Zombie Enterprises!”

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    ####.... and I slaved away my life waiting for a reload in those dang dispatch countertops. //satire.

I'll show him Zombie. Garden City KS to Sacramento via Amarillo with a meat load comes to mind one weekend straight through.

10. Humblepie

Humblepie Pontificator

Dec 25, 2018
    I was alert until I read this bs post

11. Davezilla

May 19, 2009
    You excuse this behavior and then you wonder why the industry is such a nightmare.

It's because of people like yourself who attack anyone who brings up issues.

Don't you have anything better to do then defend ####ty behavior?

12. Davezilla

May 19, 2009
    Or maybe Werner has a serious issue with dispatcher behavior.

Do you seriously think they have one of the highest accident rates in the entire industry for no reason?

They routinely exceed Swift and CR England despite not taking driver's from those quick 7 day training programs.

When fully trained drivers are having the same accident rate as Swift and England's one week school, there is very clearly an issue.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.