What is your "favorite" part in dealing with brokers/shippers on Central Dispatch?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by TheRealLargeMarge, Oct 3, 2019.

1. TheRealLargeMarge

TheRealLargeMarge Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2019
    In Route to a City Near You
    My favorite part in dealing with brokers/shippers on CD are the ones who are in constant contact with you every hour wanting to know when their car is going to be picked up. But then, after you invoice them after delivery there is radio silence. Or they never received your invoice. Or they mailed your check 2 weeks ago from the next city over and they will make a bank deposit right now (even though they mailed a check?). Or the one who you texted your bank account info to, but they want it again, even though it is in the text right above the one where I asked when you were going to pay because the order said COD but it has been 3 days since delivery.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. StrokerTSi

StrokerTSi Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2016
    Oh yeah my favorite was COD listings going to the port, call back and figure out what bs they come up with.

4. TheRealLargeMarge

TheRealLargeMarge Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2019
    In Route to a City Near You
    Those are great too!

5. Kawinige01

Kawinige01 Heavy Load Member

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    I love the don't discuss the rates with the customers kind of guys. Then you hear the customer complaining about the fact that they paid 1200 but the trucks only getting 350 to ship their car from miami to long island and it 2 weeks to move it

6. Atlanticus trucking

Atlanticus trucking Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2018
    lol, im pretty sure montway has a huge call center. both me (dispatcher) and my driver will get calls on the same load from different people within minutes of each other. if my driver just updated you, why am i getting calls from 2 more people asking the same thing?!

USMC '74-'78 Semper Fi Thanks this.
  7. Bold Group

Bold Group Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2019
    I (dispatcher) usually give my or office phone number as driver's number, so nobody bothers our drivers with unnecessary calls from "favorite" brokers.

24kHotshot Thanks this.
  8. USMC '74-'78 Semper Fi

USMC '74-'78 Semper Fi Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Mount Union, PA
    I really enjoy, the "I call you back," after all my info has been shared to include the PU and DEL dates. Still waiting in PA...LOL

9. Nobroker

Nobroker Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    There are so many things i love, i booked a load yesterday RPM and told them it would be picked up today Woke to a ringing phone asking what time i would pick up i said 1pm , 1130am they call again asking for an update . I say im 30 minutes away , after loading approximately 3pm i see i have 6 missed calls and 2 text saying my voicemail is full from RPM, phone rings again and i snapped. after a lil back and forth i said why isnt there a contact # for dilivery ? idunno . do they receive on Saturday ? Idunno . But he rides my ### all day to probably be stuck under this load till Monday.
    Thanks Rpm for the great rates for your time sensitive load and all the support.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    24kHotshot and TheRealLargeMarge Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.