What kind of foods do you carry on your truck?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Scooter Jones, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    IMHO that seems to be a good list of healthy food. Don't know about the bread though, as I stopped buying bread because can't find any without white sugar... I don't eat anything with white sugar. I am vegetarian (no poultry, no sea food, no fish, no eggs) I am underweight... and lost 20 lbs after started trucking because I had to change my eating habits... now I have one hot meal at the end of my day instead of 2. I snack on fruits, raw vegetables, nuts + seeds + raisins and protein bars while I drive. Sometimes I drink protein shakes. Plain yogurt with fresh fruits and honey makes a delicious and healthy snack. :yes2557:
    I use a 12 volt portable stove
    [​IMG]

to cook brown rice... it's much healthier than pre-cooked rice. You may cook rice and vegetables and prepare sandwiches with that and your tortillas to eat while you drive... :biggrin_25519:

cuzzin it Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Rocks...

We also use the heck out of our Burton... Not a vegetarian, but trying to eat healthy and cost effectively. We will onions, peppers then toss eggs on top for a quiche type dish... Cook any type of meal that you would in the oven at home... Heats up to 325ish... Heating element is on the bottom though... So for some meals I put a small coil of foil in the bottom to raise the pan off the direct heat... Then no scorching :D

4. jonboy29

jonboy29 Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Home Sweet Home... SW Ont.
    I used the foil pans from the dollar store to use in the burton. No clean up, and a handy dish to eat out of. And no worrys of burning the bottom.

5. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

oh I use the foil pans too, but THEY sit on the bottom where the heating element is... I have had some scorched spots so that is why I use the trick of a spacer.

6. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Only food products I carry is water , almonds, beef jerky with only spices no sugar. I have a tub full of supplements and vitamins too.

7. 58Skylane

58Skylane Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Cody, WY
    Almond and/or Rice Milk.

8. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Gee. A lot to mention as I have a fridge and George Foreman Grill. Depending on what day it is and how hard I'm running..

1.Hamburger,No Name Steaks,pork chops and maybe a a package of Brats
    2. Potatoes from the garden,canned corn, green beans and regular beans. :)
    3. Apples and Oranges,Bananas for the potassium
    4. Cashews,party peanuts,sunflower nuts,(not in shell) and popcorn
    5. Bread and peanut butter
    6. Milk and breakfast cereal

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.