What kind of shoes do you wear driving?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by GrandmaRosa, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Slip on Romeos. I’m in and out of them and my chemical boots all day multiple times a day.

skellr, D.Tibbitt and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    I only drive wearing a Gene Simmons costume so platform boots

4. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    You watch wear you step. I keep real shoes handy, waterproof ones right beside the seat. Pretty easy.

PE_T Thanks this.
  5. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

6. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    I keep a pair of steel toed boots under the bunk for some places that I have to wear them, otherwise, I wear slip-on waterproof Merrell Jungle Mocs all the time. Most days, if I'm just logging a lot of miles, I slip them off and it's just socks.

Side note, week or so back, heavy ice/snowstorm, watched a 4-wheeler plow into the back of a stopped truck, they tried to stop, but it was so icy, even with the wheels turned, it kept sliding straight. Trucker didn't realize he'd been hit and started to drive off, I laid on the horns and waved to get him to stop, when I ran up and told him, as he opened the door, he was barefoot, and slipped on a pair of canvas shoes to get out.

7. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Only when driving the automatics though.

51QPFC1RebL._AC_SX425_.jpg

PE_T and 650cat425 Thank this.
  8. Jenn72

Jenn72 Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Winter time boots, summer time usually slip on tennis shoes. I do carry sandals for the occasion I am doing a 34 somewhere and hubby and I rent a car.

You really want closed toe shoes. Truck stops parking lots are nasty.

PE_T Thanks this.
  9. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    That's the exact reason I don't wear boots or shoes that are hard to get off, because truck stop parking lots are nasty. I want something I can kick off quick right at the door. I keep a scrubber mat on my passenger side floor board and that's where mine come off usually. It's also another reason Crocs are great. Yep, I know they are ugly. So am I. Don't care.

Jenn72 Thanks this.
  10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I have some tennis shoes and boots, that's what I will put on to go to shippers and receivers. While driving, I like slide ins of some sort. I prefer shoes to be light while driving

11. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    In flatbed I will wear what ever to drive from tennis shoes to steel toed slip on boots. There is no way to keep the drivers foot well clean in flat bed. If I go past the drivers seat all shoes come off. The spares are kept in the passenger foot well,

Sometimes we load and unload then have to move to a different t area then strap n tarp then move again to check out a the shipping office. Then maybe only 100 miles to the next dirt (mud) lot and do it all over again. No way to keep your peddles clean.

I bought some nice floor mats last year and it helps keeping it contained to the front.

86scotty and 650cat425 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.