what part of country do you live in. some ltl companies are west coast only, or south east only, etc.
What LTL company will hire me with 7 months experience?
Page 2 of 4
Why don’t you go solo like most Mclane drivers ? Out here in Southeastern VA they work 4 days a week 12hr days with an option of 5. Like someone said stay with Mclane for now , LTL went down the tank with layoffs and furloughed drivers for now.
Stay where your at. Your getting a full paycheck. Most LTL’s are laying off or doing 4 day or less work weeks. I’ve seen OD, FedexF, UPSF laying off. I wouldn’t want to be on the bottom of any LTL board. During this pandemic or election year. My buddy was on the bottom of the Reddaway board during 08 and said at times he would go 3 weeks with no work as a bottom guy. Unless UPS Package/parcel in your area is hiring teams is the only job I’d jump on if they are hiring in your area. My area they are taking trainees why they would hire you as a team to start with no experience or little experience.
Southeastern freight lines in Austell Georgia (west Atlanta terminal) is hiring full time P&D drivers. Must have 6 months experience and haz-mat, tanker and doubles & triples endorsements.
Southeastern Freight Lines
Log back in!
Full Time/Part Time/Temp
Category (Portal Searching)
P&D Driver or Driver Trainee
Location : Name
WEST ATLANTA - (WAT)
Location Address : Address
750 AQUILA WAY
Location Address : Postal Code
CDL-A Truck Driver – Home Daily. Off Weekends.
We are currently looking for local Pickup & Delivery (P&D), or City Drivers, to join our Southeastern Team. Our P&D Drivers are the face of our company and are an integral part of our operation, helping our company produce over 99% on time service to our customers. In this role, you pick up, transport, and deliver freight locally and are home nightly. If you are looking for a long term career and want to join a best in class carrier where your talents are appreciated, then we would love for you to join our team!
What you’ll do on a typical day
- Operates a tractor-trailer combination (single or double) in urban, suburban, and rural areas and in all types of weather conditions.
- Receives and verifies dispatch instructions and verifies load against shipping documents.
- When hauling hazardous material, verifies the hazardous material product description, determines any discrepancies in the paperwork, and verifies proper placarding.
- Performs all duties in a manner that promotes superior customer service and professionalism.
Here are the key things you will need to have
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- 6 months driving experience
- A High School Diploma or GED is required
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with HAZMAT, Tanker, and Twin Trailer endorsements
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write in the English language and perform simple mathematical calculations with the mental ability to handle receipts, read maps and road signs, and maintain logs.
- Ability to meet DOT regulations and guidelines pertaining to the physical qualifications for commercial drivers.
- Ability to satisfactorily pass alcohol and drug tests.
Here are some of the perks you’ll get as a full time member of our team:
- Competitive pay
- Career Progression
- Job stability (We’ve never had a lay off)
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex and Health Spending Accounts
- Company matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Wellness Program
- Paid time off, including 8 paid holidays
Page 2 of 4