What part of blizzard dont these morons understand?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by bzinger, Mar 14, 2019.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Just watched a Facebook feed from Nebraska state patrol .
    They are out rescuing these idiots !
    Id leave them there !
    I grew up in north Dakota and when they said blizzard you got off the road and if you didnt you were on your own .

KB3MMX, Joetro, cke and 17 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Better start driving to Louisiana.

bzinger and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  4. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Guess they don't pay attention to the weather channel :oops:

5. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    But but but..... the dispatcher said it HAD TO BE THERE!! Lol

peterd, Lumper Humper, KB3MMX and 8 others Thank this.
  6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    It's that Darwinism thing again. "Stupid" is supposed to die in order to protect the herd.

7. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Oh, come on, what if that was your son or daughter out there. Granted, old folks aren't going to drive in that, but young people are invincible and that's what these emergency crews are for, to help people, not to let them freeze to death in their cars,,,sheesh.:biggrin_25513: For many, it may the 1st time they are in a blizzard and get caught off guard. Think of how grateful these people, and their families are when help arrives. Perhaps you need a break, may I suggest fishing?

Sani101, Lepton1, bzinger and 6 others Thank this.
  8. iceman32

iceman32 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2014
    It’s becoming to a point that work conditions is not fulfilling life obligations.

Some people commute up to 4 hours a day. It may say Blizzard conditions in the area that they live in but not in the area that they work in. NYC has a lot of workers that are from PA, believe it or not.

Colorado is an at will employment state also. That means an employer can fire you for anything or no reason at all. Couldn’t make it to work because of a blizzard? You’re fired.

I know a guy who spent over a decade becoming a doctor. Only to be fired 2 weeks into his job because he got stuck in a traffic jam. Highway was shutdown due to a pileup.

A new law should be passed down regarding weather and work conditions because currently there are none to protect you.

A swat team can raid your house because someone said you sexually harassed them. I believe a swat team should also be able to raid the house of a dispatcher or manager that told you to go to work even though there is a blizzard out there.

Right or wrong?

bzinger, Friend, x1Heavy and 1 other person Thank this.
  9. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    If you could start your own competing business, that’s what would matter most. THAT is the problem.

Arguing about the rules a slave works under are pointless.

10. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    L-O-L

Mine HAD to be there at 6 this morning. It’s getting there at 11. ;) And I’ve got dry roads. I’m betting they don’t unload any faster either.

11. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    People really can’t think for themselves anymore. Last night in South Dakota my uncle, cousin, and a couple other people spent most of the night trying to locate and rescue a family (had 3 kids with them) that decided since I-90 was closed they would just get on the old 2 lane highway that runs next to it. They ended up borrowing Polaris Rangers equipped with tracks to get to them after getting a tractor and a big V plow stuck in a big drift.

x1Heavy, Lepton1, tscottme and 10 others Thank this.
  12. 1nicevette

1nicevette Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Colorado is correct an at will state but there is this thing called HR and they can contest to some over powered boss.

Feedman and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.