What Shoes do you recommend if I'm going to walk on occasion?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Eowyn, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    They make steel toe also. Check your nearest meijer good deals when stuff is on clearance.

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    I thought the new balance were good, a nice wide footbed...except they only lasted 3 months before breaking down. Started getting severe back pain as they started breaking down, switched back to my old work boots, made a footbed that works for me, then some duct tape.. it has been 6 months on those.

Eowyn and Oldironfan Thank this.
  4. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN
    I don’t think I’ve ever heard of those.

5. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN
    I’ve never worn those. I may try and them.

6. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Rockports for shoes, mind you they don't make them in funky colours. Brown or black

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  7. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    I miss the days when you could walk into any shoe store, including Sears where they would measure your foot with one of these...

46-900.jpg

A Brannock device... And they had a large selection of shoes to chose from, shoes made in America. I miss those days. And the shoes.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Square toe steel toe boots of good quality. Used one for decades.

I use a generic walmart shoe with steel toe. Go through one every few years. But the boots were only one pair half my life.

I own a Bellevue Pair of USMC tanker boot Summer sized to my foot. The logo is from the civilian side of that factory in retail selling. Otherwise the military issue has no logo.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  9. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Nike, New Balance ...... really ? What happened to the working boots ? You are working , aren’t you ? You must be the new generation of drivers that I seen a lot recently., wearing flip flops, shirts, and tank top and he was driving a truck and transfer load of gravel. I caught him on side of the ride broke down.

10. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    That was when most footwear was made on this side of the pond. Now your shoe can vary a couple of sizes depending on the manufacturer.

11. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN
    I don’t wear flip flops, hate them. If I wear anything like that it would be teva’s.
    Now that you ask I am in need to replace my boots. I’ve had Columbia hiking boots for years, unfortunately they are wearing thin.
    I have certain attire I am required to wear at the customers.
    I don’t deliver gravel, load, unload, most of the time I’m not even allowed in the warehouse. When I am in the warehouse it’s for observation and securement.
    If I want to wear sneakers while I exercise what’s the problem?
    My truck is my home away from home I have a few different pairs of shoes I bring with me. I also bring more than one change of clothes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.