What Shoes do you recommend if I'm going to walk on occasion?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Eowyn, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    They make a good lightweight running shoe. The Adrenaline is one of a few models they have but they are known for comfort if you have a wide foot. I usually just get the all black ones. Some are downright ugly and look like someone threw up skittles on them.

Jazz1 and Eowyn Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Well I go every night and home weekends. The best tennis shoe and most comfortable for me is the New Balance.

Eowyn Thanks this.
  4. SixShooterTransport

SixShooterTransport Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2018
    I wear a 13 Wide, so Skechers are perfect for me! They’re also reasonably priced, so I don’t mind only getting six months out of them on the truck. I can’t wear any of the big name “cool” brands because they make so few, if any, shoes in wide widths.

5. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

No sir, thats where you are wrong. Government issued Marine Corps boots are stamped with an Eagle, Globe and Anchor for a reason. Civilian issued boots of the same style DO NOT come with the Eagle Globe and Anchor. For the simple fact, your a civilain, you dont wear govt issued boots.

Or just ignore the facts @x1Heavy.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I brought in so many boxes with Port East of shoes going to reading or west PA via somerset. There is a little warehouse that took in a bazillion shoes from import overseas.

The second month I seriously had a thought cross my mind half way to reading yet again. I had lost interest in hauling shoes. Is this what trucking is all about? I was not going to waste a lifetime running shoes.

7. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    My brand of choice for years now has been Merrell. If your looking for more of a work boot, but something you can still wear all day and not have tired feet (assuming you don't have other issues), try Timberland. I've owned several pairs of the PRO Titan 6", kind of a hybrid between a work boot and tactical style.

8. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015
  9. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in

Rockports are my favorite but seem hard to find.

I might look online next time I get shoes.

10. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Rockport makes the best walking shoe. Good for driving too. I loved New Balance, but they are making them cheaper and cheaper. Feels like a bubble on the sole now. Hard time with sensitivity on the pedals.

11. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Try the Walking Store. That’s where I get my work boots

Eowyn Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.