What to expect at FFE Driving Academy

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by juandlg15, Jan 29, 2013.

1. juandlg15

juandlg15 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2012
    El Paso, TX
    I am a scheduled to start at the FFE Driving Academy and was wondering what I can expect at the academy? I know I will get a lot of replies saying how I made a big mistake FFE suck blah blah blah. My question is more for those who have been through the academy and can give me an Idea of what it's like. Thank you in advanced.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mattress Monkey

Mattress Monkey Medium Load Member

Feb 1, 2013
    hey juan I can help you out with that first off I want to tell you I have talk to text so if it messes up don't blame me it's Dang phoneI went to the Academy in October it was okay this is how was for me I got a bus ticket from West Virginia to Dallas from the company I got a cab to the hotel it was like 15 dollars then the following Monday which was the next day everybody in a hotel that was going to the FFE Academy took a shuttle to the Lisa yard in Dallasfrom there we did about 2 days with the paperwork most people moved from the hotel to the Barracksthey have there it is little as 2 days however I have my own room at the motel I stay there for like 5 days I don't know why most people have to share when I finally moved into the Barracks I had my own room there I don't know if you already have a CDL if you do this no difference between the refresher course in the new driver training everybody spend the same amount of time at the academyas 2 types of trainers air the man and a woman I wish I had a guy trainer the lady I had miss dottie.I will text more later I got a load now

juandlg15 Thanks this.
  4. Mattress Monkey

Feb 1, 2013
    I didn't like her much she didn't know about driving the way she tought was very unconvention if I was you I would ask for mister ed or mister Dan the guys there knew alot about the industrythe only thing they supply there is a room the take you to Walmart like 2or 3 times the Academy itself is 2 weeks longwhen you're done there you move on to orientation they movie to another hotel near the Lancaster yard we are there for a weekafter all your paperwork done they assign you a trainersome people train locally do you get a trainer that suits you they don't like you to go home at all to your training is done so all together like 10 weeksif you want me to answer a specific question just ask

5. juandlg15

juandlg15 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2012
    El Paso, TX
    I am a new driver start on the 25th of this month.

6. Mattress Monkey

Feb 1, 2013
    I hope you don't mind 1 of these it is put it in my truck last week the camera looks out and inand I'm not happy about it

7. juandlg15

juandlg15 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2012
    El Paso, TX
    Wow!!!! Really? What is their reasoning for the cams? I mean as long as it doesn't record while I am off duty I wouldn't mind it. Something to think about.

8. Mattress Monkey

Feb 1, 2013
    It records 24/7the said we wont look at it except for when there's an incident but I don't believe to me is invasion of privacy

9. juandlg15

juandlg15 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2012
    El Paso, TX
    It should be invasion of privacy. I don't think them recording you during off duty times is or should be legal. I am surprised by this. Really making me rethink FFE

10. Mattress Monkey

Feb 1, 2013
    There cvsa is 74 as gold by the director oc safety last week , when I was at the academy mr peace (head of training) said there was 71 incidents accidents that week alone outta 2700 drivers thats a really high percantage, they tbink they can force peopleinto safetybut if you're not safe driver to start with I know about a training or safety lectureswill make you a better driver and that's what this video said about the camera it will make you a safe driver I don't believe that

11. MikeAkaSyndrome

MikeAkaSyndrome Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Ocala, FL
    The inward facing one would be covered REAL quick. There is no way in hell that viewing the bunk is going to improve safety. Thats WAY too far

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.