What to expect on LS orientation ?

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by InternationalTrucker, Oct 25, 2013.

1. InternationalTrucker

InternationalTrucker Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Dallas,TX
    Always the true. Also, how is the driving test conducted?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. landstar8891

landstar8891 Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    No driving test...

Just show up and listen to all the LIE's...You will have a place to put the truck and trailer..No worries with truck parking.

L/S Oriantation is one of the best..Like i said,they wine and dine you before you get it shoved right up your WHO WHO..

4. Charli Girl

Charli Girl Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    You got in trouble AGAIN??? Lmao...You betta behave and stay outta trouble boy bc we would REALLY miss you if TTR puts you in time out!!!!! How many chances did you use up thus far??? Bahahahaha :biggrin_25522:

5. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    I have 2 TTR CSA 2010 Infractions and 9 CSA 2010 DOT points...Imagine that....:biggrin_25521:...I have to watch my ''mouth'' when writing....Imagine that,a NY guy has to watch his Profanity....ROLMFAO..That's no fun....:biggrin_25522:

6. InternationalTrucker

Oct 22, 2013
    Dallas,TX
    i guess you are not satisfied with LS? What is the best advice I can get for working with them?

7. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    Charli Girl.I am even getting CSA points here in my castle...:yes2557:I chose to take this 3,000 dollar run to Baltimore and back..I will be 1,800 richer in 1.5 days work..

My people around the castle are not happy with my decision.There is a big going away party and i will be MIA..So i am in the CSA 2010 Dog House around here...ROLMFAO...

Yesterday i handed the disappointed people the ''Bills'' and said go pay these bills and i will cancel the run..The look i recieved was Priceless....:sign5:

Charli Girl Thanks this.
  8. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    The best advice...Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Stick with a guy like me that has been around these clowns for 20 years..I will be your ''mentor'' IF YOU WANT..Don't listen to all the BCO's and Agents with there Landstar Rose Colored Panties On...It's all mostly BS...Stick with the guys that live in REALITY and tell you the way it is......

You can learn from all my mistakes and not make them..It seems most people want to make there own mistakes and learn the hard way..I am giving you,''freely'' the opportunity to NOT make them mistakes...

The day you think you know it all,is the day you will toss yourself under the bus...There is alot to learn here at L/S..Most all of the ''bad'' is never covered in Oriantation....

If you ever need help i can give you my number and do what i can to help you..

Yours Truly,
    The Class Clown....:biggrin_25522:

9. InternationalTrucker

Oct 22, 2013
    Dallas,TX
    i am really glad to start making some really good and honest connections. I am based in Dallas and I have no clue the best possible way in learn where and when to go. One thing is for sure is that I will be running dry van, because of a herniated disk makes impossible to work with flatbed. I gladly accept your offer in teaching the Do's and Don'ts. So, where are you located and what type of trailer you haul? By the way, my email is: truckinglife75@gmail.com and we can exchange phone numbers thru there.
    :Road: :Road:

landstar8891 and pusherman Thank this.
  10. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    You can start by contacting Agent OZR.Allthough him and i have our issues,he is a good guy with a good heart to help out the newer guys.I think he is in your neck of the woods too..I am in NY and stay short hop big money up here.

Dallas is a tricky area.Where do you want to run.??...

First thing is first..When you see the HUGE MONEY loads of FED EX coming out of Dallas Area,i want you to run away..They are CGI and misleading to the new guys..They run out west and they will ''promise'' you a reload back.Once out there they will shove it right up your ###,and there you sit..L/S allows this no good for nothing agent to screw us over...

Be very careful with these guys and the fed ex...If you see one going EAST to St.Louis,GRAB IT...

That is your first lesson..I know you will want to jump at these loads going WEST...Buyer Beware..

InternationalTrucker Thanks this.
  11. InternationalTrucker

Oct 22, 2013
    Dallas,TX
    Great advice. I will keep it close to heart and remember everything you are saying...probably even make notes !!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.