What truck should I buy?

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by rwdfinch50, Feb 20, 2012.

1. starsonwindow

starsonwindow Medium Load Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Phoenix, Arizona
    The records on the truck is what I was saying not who drove it where... LOL I don't care where it was driven or by who, what is the maintenance on it? Has it had a rods and mains done to it? what about the top end?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I know exactly what records you are talking about. The dealer is compiling that all for me now.

Including the DDEC print out as well as a full dyno run up

4. starsonwindow

Feb 2, 2012
    Phoenix, Arizona

Nice, is he going to put in a file that can be transferred by computer, If so if you want me to look at it let me know(I can send you my email address), I am a certified ASE Diesel mechanic and can read all those reading and kind of tell you what I think, If you want me to, I can do it, I just don't want you to be taken advantage of. Let me know Bro.

5. MNdriver

Feb 24, 2012
    Thanx, likely to get them as a pdf file.

I ran ste-ice R in the army. Fixed everything tracked and wheeled both organization and direct support in a mech infantry unit.

A lot of this isn't new to me. Not that I won't take up such a generous offer.

Told the sales guy the bank won't consider financing with out the ddec and dyno along with manufacturer's records along with any other maintenance stuff they can find.

6. starsonwindow

Feb 2, 2012
    Phoenix, Arizona

Ok, If you need my help I'm here for you if not then, I understand!, Just those miles are a bit high for me without knowing how it was driven and maintained.. Just saying... Let me know.

7. MNdriver

Feb 24, 2012
    How is 707k miles on an 07 engine high. That's 120k (approx) a year.

If anything, those miles are low.

8. starsonwindow

Feb 2, 2012
    Phoenix, Arizona
    You know what? I may have this truck confused with another truck on here someplace, 120K a year isn't to bad, I apologize for that. Let me know if you want me to look at those reports, 2 sets of eyes are better then 1... Thanks.

9. rwdfinch50

rwdfinch50 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Leesburg, Fl.
    That looks pretty good. For comparison, I bought the truck I have now in April. It's a 2007 and had 667,000 miles when I got.it. its a Volvo 780, and I paid $41,000 for it. I got a 3 year 300k warranty with it. So far I'm really happy with it. The mileage on that one looks pretty average.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.