What would be the best city or state to live in as truck driver?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Oceanwalker, May 14, 2021.

1. Oceanwalker

Oceanwalker Bobtail Member

May 9, 2021
    Hi best Road Pilots in the world,

iam single 36 years old , new immigrant and just got my CDL ... I got not attachment to location or wife or child support.. free to relocate to anywhere on our holly land .
    Can you please share with me your experience about choosing the right place where iam near most warehouses and have the good city life quality.
    I have been living in Pensacola,Fl for last 2 years and I love it but don’t know if I keep staying or move for new location, make my life easier when I start and end my trucking day or working weeks .
    Pensacola fl within max 290 miles to ( South Alabama, Tallahassee, Louisiana and Mississippi)
    Any advice will be so appreciated
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    May Trucking has a terminal in Pensacola. They’re good at that terminal. I ran for them for about 2 years. Get your experience, then move on to greener pastures.

p.s. if you go there, try to get Amy as your DM. She’s great! Avoid Joni at all cost.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Pensacola is ok. You've travelled a lot, so seems Pensacola would be a little boring for you though.
    You can find good trucking jobs about anywhere. You enjoy the water, so check out cities near the beaches. Florida and Texas are good; plenty of nice beaches and no state income tax.
    ~
    Elon Musk is trying to create a new city called 'Starbase ...
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/elon...
    [​IMG]
    1:43

Mar 03, 2021 · Elon Musk is trying to form a new city called Starbase at SpaceX's launch facilities in Texas. Musk shared the news Tuesday on Twitter: "Creating the city of Starbase, Texas," he wrote. SpaceX's...

lovesthedrive and Oceanwalker Thank this.
  5. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Now now now China.... We both know! Nevada has more beach than both those states put together! Nevada just lacks the ocean is all. Just a technical difficulty. :biggrin_25523:

6. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I did not know May Trucking had a terminal that far east. I learn something new every other day.

Frank Speak and Oceanwalker Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Look at the positive, no sharks to worry about.

8. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    That's not true...

Enough said, call Ed.

Paul. More lawyer, less fee.

In a wreck? Need a check? Call Lerner and Rowe.

Coffey and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. Savor the Flavor

Savor the Flavor Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Gosh, what's wrong with Joni?

10. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Other than lazy? She couldn’t give 2 squats about the drivers on her board. She’s a path of least resistance type. The Pensacola terminal rotates who works the weekends.

I used to HATE it when Joni worked the weekend. I would literally ask Amy every Friday who was working the weekend. If it was Joni, I tried my best to make sure I had everything I needed to make til Monday.

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Joni wanted to grow up too fast, despite the Fonz trying to tell her otherwise. :D

kemosabi49, Dockbumper and Frank Speak Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.