What would you do if your company made Covid19 vaccinations mandatory?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by truckerdave77, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    well dude, I can think of 1001 other things that people chose to do or not to do that the government could chose to control.
    Let's talk about alcohol. It meets all of the criterion above, perhaps we should outlaw it as well.
    I mean, after all, it does have "consequences for others".
    My thing, and I think I speak for a lot of people when I say this, is I don't like the government or anyone else telling me what I should or shouldn't do or how I should live. This is America and I am an American.
    Notice no one is busting your balls for getting a shot. Want to know why? Because we don't care.

As to your comment on abortion. it does indeed have health consequences........mostly on the fetus.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Heavy Load Member

Sep 17, 2017
    The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.

Frank Zappa
    We are the result of millions of years of evolution, people died to offer us the chance to have a better life and here's what we did of it all !
    We didn't even realized that freedom, nowadays, is nothing more than an illusion. We are the slaves of money, of economy, of lobbies, medias and time.
    Our thoughts and dreams are our only freedom.”

— Laure Lacornette

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  4. Muskie

Muskie Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2019
    True, and not defined as a human being until a certain point in development. Still a woman's choice is in jeopardy. But over half a million fully developed humans don't have a choice in death because of the inability of others to help mitigate a pandemic. Why are people unable to differentiate the needs of he whole over the individual? That's what we are talking about here.

5. Muskie

Feb 27, 2019
    And see I would argue otherwise. You are making a conscious decision to kill another either through ignorance or denial of the collective whole and mitigating this pandemic.

6. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    So we should treat the flu the same way? What about the common cold, common for that to end up turning pneumonic in older individuals and killing them. Where do you draw the line?

AModelCat Thanks this.
  7. Muskie

Feb 27, 2019
    Yes, where do we stop the defining of a pandemic over an annual virus? I think we can safely say that Covid 19 is far more deadly and contagious than the flu. Removing an appendix, or not, does not effect anyone else's health, so no issue.

8. Muskie

Feb 27, 2019
    True, thus the public dilemma over the liberties of the individual to the safety of the whole. But I think we can safely say the alcohol is far easier contained than a deadly pandemic.

9. Muskie

Feb 27, 2019
    I fully understand this point. The dilemma over the whole versus the individual. In America we have valued the individual more so than the whole. And we paid the price, with this pandemic, for it. Unable to get on the same page for the whole. It's unfortunate. A paradox.

10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    So deadly here that drug overdose deaths were pretty much on par with covid deaths.........

Not to mention the uptick in suicides because people have lost everything from these restrictions.

11. Muskie

Feb 27, 2019
    81,000 deaths due to overdose in 2020 vs over half a million? Not even close. And again, drug overdose is not nearly as contagious, if at all, no comparison. Overdose Deaths Accelerating During COVID-19 | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC One could make the argument that the increase in overdose deaths may be our, United States, inability to deal with this pandemic. As was so poorly done by the previous administration.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted