What you brokers expecting with the elog mandate?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by freightwipper, Nov 23, 2017.

1. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Lets be honest, fudging logs to make sure loads work, be ontime, make the truck available etc ain't gonna be like it use to.
    What do you think it's going to do to the market?

I think truck capacity is going to shrink, along with more service issues.
    Plus will place a higher demand for team trucks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    I'm going to start seriously asking questions about how many hours the driver has left. Customers are going to have to be more flexible.

We'll roll with it. Just one more opportunity to show how much better than the competition we are.

bzinger, PPDCT, freightwipper and 2 others Thank this.
  4. miss elvee

miss elvee Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Russellville, AR
    And Mr. E (and consequently our rates) are ready. Bring it. We been e-log dogs for 10 years.

5. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    This is the start of a Great thread that needs discussion.......
    boredsocial- Carriers will just ######## you if you have something that they want- (Rate-Lane etc)
    Customers will need an open Shippping/receiving window- minimum 6am to 5pm... They Really need to stop the 6am to 2pm- or the We only Receive from 5am to 9am,,This isn't 1964 anymore

IF These E-logs go for everyone- The CARRIER- I REPEAT,THE CARRIER will Dictate Pickups and Deliveries- NOBODY ELSE........

if a Customer/Broker doesn't Like it- Choose from another carrier pool- Theres tons of them- I'll Do What I Have to do to keep my customers-If That meansliquidation-So Be it- I Will Not let an ELD Dictate the Health of customers I developed over time

Trucks vs Freight........ this is the part that's going to hurt the carrier the Most,KNOWING their are more trucks than the market Generally dictates- If you cant service the customer on E-Logs........They'll turn their backs on you- Brokers are gonna try to do the same.........AND Smart people know this.

Again..Another Lost battle for Carriers- Only God knows Why a Trucking Company gets the Worst of everything

Keep this thread moving Hard

6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I'm guessing business as usual. The only thing that's going to affect rates in a positive way is economic growth or those big storms screwing up a region causing temporary rate spikes. The same desperate people who have always been bidding down freight are going to be under even more pressure to utilize their 14 hours so when the freight gets scarce the rates are going to be in the toilet. So again, business as usual.

7. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Yeah it's not going to be as big a deal as some are claiming. I'll start asking those questions and I'll believe what I hear sometimes, and sometimes I won't. There will be a ton of information in how they sound after I ask them about their drivers hours for sure.

nightgunner and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  8. stayinback

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Why ask in the first place? Do you have a pool of carriers to be able to pick n choose from?

lets say you have a run going 500 miles,And a Driver only has 7 hours left for the day,Your Gonna tell them "You cant have it"......?

So,Basically what your saying is...The Customer comes first,Which appears to be your #1 importance..Instead of Working with this ELD problem and securing a better delivery time for this particular driver with 7 hours left for the day

taking the Easy Way out...What else would I expect

joesmoothdog and p608 Thank this.
  9. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    What makes you think a broker has any more ability to influence a shipper/receivers hours of operation than a carrier or driver does?

Blackshack46, spyder7723 and misterG Thank this.
  10. stayinback

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    They Don't Really- But upon acceptance of said shipment- It would be my duty to set the delivery time IF my driver couldn't reach the Time the Customer orginially wants it- Simple as that.

I thought it was pretty obvious there 8th note.

Its Not about When the Customer wants it-We'll get it to them as Close to their time as we can on an E- LOG

Paper- Never a Problem servicing my customers-.........With an E-log, Only Option is the carrier dictate delivery time.......

11. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    Frankly, Stayinback, the customer IS of utmost importance.
    That is why we still have jobs.

The broker has little to do with p&d windows.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.