What's Going to Happen?-Mexican Trucks

Discussion in 'Mexican Truckers Forum' started by WannabeMaybe, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Of course they can but often an American truck will bring a load directly to a Canadian destination and then return to the US with a Canadian product. That is efficient.

Bruce

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hrdman2luv

hrdman2luv Medium Load Member

Dec 24, 2006
    100% Texan til I die.
    And so is swapping loads at the border. Which creates jobs. The US ports will be lacking in jobs soon enough when China starts sending most of their stuff to Mexican ports for Mexican trucks to bring into the USA.
    I'm getting the feeling that your not looking at the whole blue print or the long term affects. NAFTA has been a disaster for US jobs. And if we, as Americans, cant/dont put our foot down, our unemployment rate will stay at 8% or even higher.

Our entire economy is determined by how many people are working and spending.

truckerdave1970 Thanks this.
  4. bobbyt

bobbyt Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    know of one american company that underbid us by $4000.00 per load from McAllen,Tx to northern alberta, canada. just to get the contract, and they staged the loads in minnesota for their drivers who didn't want to go to canada. by cutting the rate that much, how is that helping the USA economy? i'd say look at the companies first and the guys trying to make a living second.

5. hrdman2luv

Dec 24, 2006
    100% Texan til I die.
    An American brought it from s. Texas to MN, right?
    The money the American made will be spent in America.

lonewolf4ad Thanks this.
  6. bobbyt

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    Yes, then ANOTHER American brought it to Canada. Then that same American loaded in Canada and brought a load from Canada to a receiver in the states. My point is that if Americans and canadians can do international loads between countries why can't mexicans do the same as long as all rules and safety are followed.

MexicoTrucker Thanks this.
  7. bobbyt

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    Oh, I forgot to mention that these loads I'm talking about are paid in Canadian dollars which at the time was less than the American dollar so they were loosing even more revenue.

8. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    bobbyT; Americans talk about free trade and a level playing feed but the truth is that when anyone else has a better product or a better way to do something they throw up trade barriers: Lumber,durham wheat, beef, us contenet laws and more.

BobbyB

9. hrdman2luv

Dec 24, 2006
    100% Texan til I die.
    We only wish we had free or fair trade with other countries.

10. MexicoTrucker

MexicoTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Saltillo, Coahuila - Mexico
    I remember when Americans were not allowed into Canada but the Canadians were allowed into the US. I've days sitting in Sweetgrass Montana before there was the rest area or anything other than the hotel/restaurant/bar that closed at sundown waiting for a Canadian carrier to deliver and bring me back my trailer empty, back in the day. Who won that FUBAR? It sure wasn't me or those of us affected.

Canada has more than 4,000 trucks operating in this country. They're allowed in without restriction and without being forced to undergo all that the Mexicans are. Have those 4,000 Canadian trucks cost us jobs or freight? Where's the outrage against them?

11. bobbyt

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    From what I've heard, we (Canadians) have jumped through the hoops already and the USA has outlined what policies have to be followed and we are complying with them. The Mexican truckers are just going through that process now. It will be sorted out in time.

MexicoTrucker and keepntruckin Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.