What's Going to Happen?-Mexican Trucks

Discussion in 'Mexican Truckers Forum' started by WannabeMaybe, Feb 26, 2007.

1. MexicoTrucker

MexicoTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Saltillo, Coahuila - Mexico
    I wonder about that BobbyT... As far as I know, Canadians have never had to deal with the PASA as the Mexicans do before they are given operating authority and Canadian insurance is accepted as equal to US coverage. Other than cabotage, which applies equally to Mexicans and Canadians, that's about it. Ya'll follow our rules and regs and we follow yours and the same applies to the Mexicans.

A recent release of data by the FMCSA seems to confirm that the Mexicans are following the rules, more so than we are or you guys are. For me, there are no surprises to that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bobbyt

bobbyt Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    Sorry but have no idea what PASA is. I tried googling it but can't find anything out. Can you inform me please.

4. king Q

king Q Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Johannesburg sa
    Be careful what you wish for.

5. MexicoTrucker

Oct 22, 2008
    Booby, the PASA or Pre Authority Safety Audit is what all Mexican carriers applying for inclusion into the cross border pilot program must undergo.

It is basically a compliance audit that US and Canadian carriers are required to undergo 18 months or more after the apply for and are granted operating authority.

But for the Mexicans, they must successfully complete the audit which consists of deep background checks of the company and the drivers, on site inspections of their facilities, maintainance records and DOT files etc. Canadians are not required to undergo this.

It is crap OOIDA and the Teamsters, using their politicians they have bought, got put into law. Nothing in the NAFTA agreements specifies this happen.

Follow this link and click on one of the PASA's and you'll see what I am talking about.

6. bobbyt

bobbyt Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    Ok thanks. Will look at it on the computer at home as its to big to look on the phone.

7. MexicoTrucker

Oct 22, 2008
    It's an education. Some have suggested that we're giving the Mexican's free reign to this country, which actually, it is our obligation to do under NAFTA, just like you guys. But in reality, the Mexicans are earning every privilege they receive

Prof.Gringo Thanks this.
  8. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N☆STAT£
    What a bunch of garbage. You guys talk like the end of the world was here. My wage never went down a penny

Prof.Gringo Thanks this.
  9. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    All of this dsicussion is moot. Not enough Mexican carriers applied to enter the USA and there have been few trucks that entered. Not enough for the Americans to gather any meaningful data on safety , etc. The whole thing will probably be cancelled due to lack of interest.

Prof.Gringo Thanks this.
  10. Prof.Gringo

Prof.Gringo Light Load Member

What? I thought all the Mexican trucks were going to "invade" the US and somehow take ALL the jobs away from Ameican truckers even though they could only haul loads going to/from Mexico.

Where is doomsday? Oh yeah, Dec 21st 2012 has already come and gone, just another doom n' gloom prediction like this whole deal with Mexican trucks in the US!

11. Prof.Gringo

Prof.Gringo Light Load Member

The US ports will be lacking jobs because there's no more room to expand the main West Coast ports.

Also, having the lonshoreman's union going on strike doesn't help either (and I am a AFL-CIO union member BTW) but sometimes unions are counter-productive like what happened at Hostess (but the CEO's were a JOKE as well), so both sides worked together to destroy a company, it's products and it's jobs.

BTW if and when the Mexican Super Port in Baja ever opens (Prob with Chinese investment/finance/control), it will be double-stack container trains hauling those on welded double track all the way to the US border, and beyond.

If most products sold in the US are already imported we have already lost our large scale manufacturing base which renders us helpless in a real war or an embargo of the US.

China already has Uncle Sam by the balls and they are about be in a vise-grip!

RAGE 18 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.