What's gonna happen to fuel hauling?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Life on Wheels, Nov 5, 2020.

1. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    For flats and tankers. They are testing otto trucks our west. Right??????

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia

That's right. There has to be someone in the truck so they'll have someone to sue when it malfunctions.

AModelCat Thanks this.
  4. Life on Wheels

Life on Wheels Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2019
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Please let me clarify:
    I seem to have struck a nerve by using the word "regime." Again, this is NOT a thread about politics, but, like it or not, we will have some new people running our country soon (pres., vp, cabinet, staff, etc), and they ran on eliminating fossil fuels as soon as possible. This will undoubtedly have an effect on our industry as truck drivers, and more so on fuel haulers.
    I'm wondering what y'all think about how fast we will start seeing changes. Do y'all think these changes will be drastic, or will we just see a few more wind farms and solar fields popping up?
    I'm just curious what y'all think, and please don't overreact to the word "regime."

5. JoeTruck

JoeTruck Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    LOWER 48
    The same people who run our country today will be running it in February. Walmart, Amazon, Swift and the military industrial complex.
    With a keystroke they will create trillions and it will end up in the stock market while your paycheck gets smaller and smaller.

6. Lumper Humper

Lumper Humper Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2018
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Everyone has Teslas to switch to in January, this change is so fast you better be looking for a door slammin job pronto. Lol get real

7. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    Conflict in governments is good. I don’t me violence but different opinions. When everyone thinks the same way thats when mistakes are made. This is why we have different branches of government and the house and a senate. Every election we get to undo the changes made by the previous administration. If there is a change in leadership there will be changes. It won’t affect how I use fossil fuels. I need to heat my house and drive our vehicles. I have a couple of fuel efficient vehicles and one that I tow a camper with. That one sucks the gas. I made those decisions long before an administration change. Change is slow. Talk is easy. Good luck.

86scotty and artek Thank this.
  8. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    We won’t see any huge changes in our lifetime, even at my ripe age of 32 I probably won’t see a huge drop in fuel.

86scotty Thanks this.
  9. freebeertomorrow

freebeertomorrow Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Indiana
    to the op: "they" have wanted to eliminate fossil fuel(s) for decades. like everything else, there is far too much money in it. and as you already know, money runs the show. you'll be able to pull a tanker as long as your little truck driving heart so desires.

10. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    The Amish are snickering.

mpd240 Thanks this.
  11. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    I can name 20 mills and factories that used to burn #6 fuel oil...... those of them that are still open (not many) all have swapped to other energy sources.... mainly natural gas or compressed natural gas (if there’s no pipe going past the mill/factory)

Gasoline gallons are down too..... and the rates suck anyways.

You’ll probably have some kind of job hauling fuel for your lifetime, but it’s gonna be a dead end deal........

Life on Wheels Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.